6600 GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3trj

Fully Optimized
What's the difference between all the different 6600GTs? I thought there was just one card called a 6600GT until I had a look around, now I'm befuddled. What do all the different types mean? Are there performance differences between them all? I had a look here:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_6600_GT.html

Are they all as good as each other?

Thanks in advance.

first of all dont bother with overclockers... it is wayyy more expensive than other uk online retailers

try:
www.microdirect.co.uk
www.dabs.co.uk
www.ebuyer.co.uk
www.scan.co.uk
www.aria.co.uk

or compare prices at:
www.pcindex.co.uk

Anyway onto your question:
diferent card manufacturers clock their cards differently... some have a gpu core speed of 400mhz and others are set at 500mhz
they also change the memory clock (mine is set at 1000mhz, though others are set at 500mhz)

so yes there are differences between 6600GTs

Gigabyte for example make 2 pci-express 6600GTs one with no overclocking (set at something like 400mhz core/500mhz memory) then they have the turboforce edition (which I have) which comes at 500mhz core/1000mhz memory).

so there are differences and some are better than others.. it pays to look at the specs of cards

There are also PCI Express 6600gt's and AGP 6600gt'S, depending on if your motherboard supports pci express or not, in which case if it doesn't, get the agp 8x one.

lazerman said:
There are also PCI Express 6600gt's and AGP 6600gt'S, depending on if your motherboard supports pci express or not, in which case if it doesn't, get the agp 8x one.

good point... i forgot to mention that! glad someone was paying attention!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom