choosing a laptop..

Status
Not open for further replies.

odiosus

Beta member
I have come down to three laptops to choose from. I will be taking this to college to use for school related things and so forth. I also have a desktop that I will be taking so gaming would not be a problem. I am merely trying to get oppinions on which one I should get. Thank you for your time.

Derrick

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...o/iE7jD1dBXDhl2MqOQyw1ph0XmVH/10.0.11.1.0.6.3

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx?c=us&cs=19&id=rsf_inspn700m_3&l=en&s=dhs

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx?c=us&cs=19&id=rsf_inspn9200_2&l=en&s=dhs

apple link doesnt work but dont get the apple anyways cause apples suck i would get the 700m because its lighter and u can take it around more easily

and why those specific 3?
there are better laptops you can get for 2 grand
recommend sony Bseries
or toshiba m45
but i would stick with the 700m if its only out of those 3

if all you're doing is using it for school work, i'd get an ibook. os x is an awesome os.

newcents05, can you maybe explain why apple sucks?

get the ibook anyone who says apple sucks doesnt realize how good mac os is and the suppport apple gives

edit or if your budget is higher the powerbook

IF i ever needed a laptop I would get a cheap ibook. not the powerbook, and with the spare money get a desktop to balance my gaming needs out.

my dad gave me his 17in powerbook g4 cause he didnt like it anymore and wanted to buy a windows notebook and so i thought it would be cool to see what apple can do
most of the programs i wanted to put on it werent made for apple so thats a problem
the os was waaay too simple it was like for idiots who dont kno how to use a comp so i couldnt make like advance changes
it froze up alot and did stupid things like not let me log in and crap and when i went to the apple store to get it fixed i ended waiting there for an hour and a half but yea i have to agree that their customer care was good
i ended up selling the stupid computer when it got back from the shop

^lol

of those 3 I would go for one the 700m as you will have far greater portability of data beteen the lappy and your pc... you dont really want to be having to get things to work with different operating systems... it makes life so much easier to work with two systems on the same os if you need to put something you have done with one machine onto the other... also if you have a friend come over and you have a windows lappy then you can link to your pc and play games against each other.

Oh yeah and apple is an evil corporation that overprices its machines by having a monopoly on the components... IMO

NewCents05 said:
it froze up alot and did stupid things like not let me log in and crap and when i went to the apple store to get it fixed i ended waiting there for an hour and a half but yea i have to agree that their customer care was good

Were you using Mac OS X??? And did you try to use Classic mode too often? When my machine ran only 9, it crashed so often I could set my watch by it. And login problems were constant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom