XP installing stops!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cebollero66

Beta member
I have the following problem:
i installed windos xp pro sp1 with rhkg3-~~~~~ key. Iknow its a pirated one, but xp works great.
Then i tried to install it in another computer but a message apperas telling me that the dc key is incorrect (in this second computer i was using internet so some files were updated).
Now i cant used my computer because it always tries to finish installing xp, and stops because of the wrong key.
is there anyway to return to my old OS or deleting the installing filies.
I cant use DOS because xp installing begins inmediately.
I was not very clear, but i hope someone can help me.
THANKS

Im not sure where the installation files are stored, but this might help you.
Go here: http://linuxiso.org/distro.php?distro=44 and download Knoppix. Is a linux distro that runs from CD. If you have your bios set to boot from CD before HDD, at least you'll be able to access you HDD before the installation does, and delete it. Knoppix will create a shortcut to your hardd rive on the desktop. Hey, maybe you'll fall in love with it and install to the HDD and forget about microsoft and all their bs.
HTH

going back to the original question,...did you reformat before installing XP? if you did,..chances are... your old files are gone..if you didn't..youll be able to get your files...by setting the HD as slave to another pc.

Was the original OS another version of xp?

The keys are different for example an XPPro key will not work on XPHome and the HD 'remembers' the original key to stop piracy.

Yeah don't be connected to the net when registering a crack copy of win xp.. I would do what devlish96 mentioned - back up your stuff if needed. Then format and re-install win xp without an internet connection.

Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom