Good motherboard for internet use, microsoft office etc.????

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
This computer I am building must be cost effective. We don't need a lot of bells and whistles. The person I am building it for needs to use it for internet research, microsoft office and other minor tasks. It is not going to be overclocked and won't be used for games. I do want to go with the xp 64 as it is as cost effective as the other amd chips. I want a board that has good relability and has good tech support. I have built some with gigabyte boards which are awesome but their tech support was kind of iffy. They were on the line fast and tried to be very helpful but everyone I talked to about a couple of issues all had different things to say. What company can give all that????? Thanks.

First of all there is a 32bit Athlon XP and a 64bit Athlon 64 but no such thing as a XP-64.

Athlon XP's are some of the best when working with office apps, even better than P4 and 64's and cost about 30% less!

Find an ASUS or ABIT mobo, and dont get less than 512mb of memory. He'll see a huge boost in performance when going from 256mb to 512mb.

Goodluck!

Don't go Asus. I have one and the stupid manual is messed up. The instructions are lame and make no sense. I've heard that their tech support is lousy as well. Abit, though has a ton of good things to say.

Also, where can you find 30% savings from xp to the 64 bit? I can get a 2800+ retail for 120 delivered. Where can you find a retail xp 2800 for 84 bucks? I would maybe take that.

I strayed from gigabyte but ended up sending the other board back .Gigabyte boards are so user friendly to me.The one in my spec list is p4 but its flawless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom