Regretful...AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

foreverxyoung

In Runtime
Hey everyone,

im at my cuzins house right now at a bday party and im using his comp. First off His comp rocks!! well , compared to mine. Im regretting i purchased a AMD Athlon 64 because its not as fast as i thot it would be. Iv been noticing its been really really sluggish . My cuzins comp is p4 2.4ghz 256mb ram and it runs so smooth compared to my AMD Athlon 64 512mb Ram. Any ideas why? I shure hope i didnt make a rong purchase...

When you say "sluggish", do you mean on the internet or in general? You're CPU could be a little better (amd 64 3200 hint hint). Maybe slap on another stick of 512 and I dunno about the mobo.

sluggish in what? in games yours should be better, but more important is the video card, if he's got a better card it should run better, or mebbe ur drive is jsut dirty, if he keeps his cleaner (less spyware) it might run faster, after a clean install of winxp yours should kick ass if he's got the same vid card

sluggish as in overall... windows media player..*not games* .... internet explorer....aim... Eh i thot my mobo was okay... Asus K8N nforce 3 250. I couldnt get a 3200 at the time cuhz i didnt have money and lol atm i dont have any money... So i was wondering if there was any tweak i could do or if its iono ... lol help T_T

oh btw when i run 3dmark 03 on mine lol i hit 3 frames a second on everything besides the plane one.. lol my score i think was 1180

You may see a little difference since the Pentium 4's are faster when working with files, but most likely its a software thing. Remove spyware, and clean up your pc by defragmenting and removing unwanted files.

hey guys,
im deciding ... i think i should oc my cpu cuhz i saw reviews at newegg that people oc there 2800+ to 2.1-2.2 ghz. So il giv that a try and see how it goes... Now my problem is tho.. People talk bout RAM ratios? whats that?

ermmm hmmm, besides ur hard drive being full of junk you don't know about, all i can think of is something is broken.... try defragging and running a general diagnostic program (like pcdoctor) for everyithng.... thats really odd, with a athlon 64 2800 and fx5500 you should not be running sluggish in any app and should definately get higher then 3fps in 3dmark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom