To good to be true!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PP Mguire

Build Guru
ALright, i found a brand new packaged Dual Xeon server setup w/ mobo for 129$. Is this good or what? I asked him whats wrong and the guy said nothing its brand spankin new, just received it today. He also said he would pitch in one of those cool slim server cases to go w/ it as well. im gonna buy it and hope its not a scam but is it a good deal if its new? Dual Xeon cpu's, w/ mobo and a free case taboot? Hop eits good.

Hmm...can you give me a link so I can see the other specs and what kind of site is offering it? I have a hard time believing that you could get something like that for that cheap.

Its a place called EDS i think they have a site ill try and find it. THey get stuff in and sell it for cheap. thats why i was wondering why it was so cheap myself.

Well, Xeons are of course Intels server chips. These are nothing but expensive. My friend is getting one this month. Its not called a dual Xeon, Xeons themselves are dual core processors. But your saying you got a Xeon and a mobo for 130$! Even the processor at that price seems slim. Yes a link would help. But if you did get a Xeon and a mobo for that price, then your getting a very cheap mobo/processor.

That guy dident tell you what type of Xeon that is. I can tell people im selling Intel P4 processors. Then i can hand them a 1.8ghz northwood. I have no clue how old Xeons are, but i know that guy gave you something that probably is'ent very usefull. If its 130$ for cpu/mobo/case. Im sorry to be so negitive, but he has a business, he has to make $ for that stuff, and if hes making money off of all that, then somethings wrong. I cant believe you got that stuff man!

It may be because theyre like 1ghz processors or somethin'. But If they are 2.4GHz Xeons then Holy Crap, BUY IT NOW!!!

Yea thats EDS 4W4K3, i still want to see the link though. I dont think they are 2.4ghz Ace, the retailer would be ripping himself off then lol.

Codeine said:
Yea thats EDS 4W4K3, i still want to see the link though. I dont think they are 2.4ghz Ace, the retailer would be ripping himself off then lol.

i found there webiste....but they dont have computer hardware on there....odd.

actually its EDS Electronic Discount Sales. And me and Beedubuya already searched their website for the stuff and they havent updated for a while. they have stuff there thats not on their website right now and stuff like that and they just got these in. The Mobo supports DUAL Xeon Processors as in 2 cpus. And no they are not P4 they are P3 1.3ghz. I went today and checked and they ARE brand new and the only reason the guy is selling me this stuff for cheap and giving me a free case is because my family has shoped w/ them since they where a very small business in Grand Prarie. i would have bought them but i dont have the money and hes gonna keep them for me. ill sned pix when i get the stuff and i have it put together. sadly though i think im gonna have to buy a case and he may have to bump up the price but its still woth it to me.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom