Problems with Cd-Rom

Status
Not open for further replies.

requiemmass

Solid State Member
OK here's the story: I put a CD-R into the cdrom so I could back up some files. After I was finished backing up I went to eject the cd and a red light came on. I tried restarting it and turning it off and on but it still wouldn't eject and the busy light was constantly on. I was finally able to eject it while the computer was booting up. Sometimes it will give me my cds back and sometimes it won't. What's my problem? I have a "CD-Writer Plus" 4x4x32 with no emergency eject hole

PS I had no trouble reading the cd or accessing it.

ive never heard of a drive with no emergency eject hole.. thats odd. it sounds like your drive doesnt like the cds that you're trying to burn on. try new CD-Rs, and even try a different burning program (what are you using?).

4x4x32 ? Hmmm.. very old. Maybe the CD-R 's are too new or something. You could get a new burner, you can get a really good one for $20 on newegg.

Let me take a wild guess that your ROM is made by Smart & Friendly if it is, get rid of it their burners where all junk and they still are. Buy your self a yamaha or sony for 20-70

I've been using the same brand of CD-Rs for quite awhile and this is the first time I've had troubles. I use Adaptec Easy CD Creator 4 to burn. And yes the burner is old I suppose I need a new one anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom