solving a custom build computer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troubledyouth

In Runtime
I build a computer for christimas and I still haven't got it working to the way it should be. The computer runs slow at just about everything. It will freeze up during games and the hard drive lights will come on and stay on. I have all of the latest drivers for everything. I also found out a little while ago, that in my device manager, that most of my hardware is listed twice in a row when i only have one of each. ex:it has my cpu listed twice one right after the other. I don't know if that has something to do with it or not. I also do not know the correct ram timmings to put on my ram. I have corsair value select ram and the model number is:VS1GBKIT400C3. Some one please help me!

erm, since you're apparently running an intel, it's most likely got hyperthreading, which means it acts like it has 2 processors, so the 2nd one isn't really there, that is fine as for your timings they should be something like 3-3-3-8 at DDR400 (which is PC3200)

if you have everything wired correctly and according to manual, and you've downloaded your video card drivers i don't really know what it could be, maybe someone else does

but it is showing up that is has 2 hard drives, 2 cd-roms, 2 of everything not just the processor.if i disabled hyperthreading would it take one of all them off?

sounds like a driver problem to me.. but u say you got the newest ones. Did you set everything in the BIOS propely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom