6600gt ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
chrisgill369 said:
yes but eVGA is not an option. Im in the UK and you cant get them here. So whats the BFG like ?

just curious...do you know anyone in the US? Cuz' you could wire them the money or paypal or w/e, they order it for you, and then they can ship it to you for like $10. Alot of people do that, you just have to know someone who you can trust. It's also a bit of a wait...but you could save like $50 if the place you are ordering from wants $60 shipping.

hmmmm dont know anyone in the US. Got some second cousins (what ever that means lol) in canada and an uncle in hong kong but thats about it really.

Ive read on the BFG website that this card is actaully overclocked slightly
>> Core Clock 525MHz (vs. 500MHz standard)
>> Memory Clock 1050MHz (vs. 1000MHz standard, [900 standard according to another website])
and as its not much more than the PNY and im going to be getting a slightly better performance. Plus you get lifetime warranty with it which is quite good. Unless anyone comes up with anything really bad about it soon, i think im going to go for it :D

Oh ok, well then get the PNY then. If you can get a MSI, get that one. But if its your only choice, then the PNY would work fine. Dont get your hopes down just because your stuck with the PNY, hell its still a 6600 GT.

But if its your only choice,

nah its not my only choise. I can get any of the following ....

PNY
XFX
BFG
Leadtek
Sparkle (never heard of them but its the only 6600GT and microdirect lol)

Im rather tempted to get the BFG now, and its blue so it will match my colour scheme :D

go with leadtek. I believe they had some of the best cooling, quietness, and OC'ing out of the others.

2nd choice would be BFG.

I've heard a LOT of problems with the XFX cards, Sparkle is absolute crap IMO, and PNY is another no namer that I don't think is very good quality in comparison to the other two.

Yeah it sucks, the UK and most anywhere besides US gets ripped off on taxes and shipping. I definitely don't want to live abroad and buy PC parts :p

Nubius said:
I've heard a LOT of problems with the XFX cards

same here, WalMart sells XFX products where i live. i never liked them really, ther boxes are better looking than the product inside.

I've got MSI AGP and it RULEZZZ and pwns, that is all I can say. I got mine for 200 bux off newegg, but now it dorpped 30 bucks and it's $170 --> good deal

Jeff Lawson said:
How have you determined this?
My brother has the 6800GT Sparkle, it's quite, doesn't run hot and is 5 months old.

Sparkle PSU's are also very good, good bang for yourt buck if you are on asomewhat of a budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom