ultimate lan event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man 13 and up? Psht, damn right they must be spoiled. There are a lot of smart youngins, even ones that grace these forums...wish I had known about OC'ing and parts back when I was that young, but hmm when I was 13 I think the top PC was 333MHz :p and I knew hardly anything about them.

But yeah, only reason they have those rigs is from parents handing it to them on a silver platter. Must be nice

Man, just imagine asking your parents for a computer with a FX-55 and a X800 XT platinum lol. Then getting it. That be all to sweet. But i dont think you would injoy it that much. Maybe its just me, but whenever someone just gave me something, it was cool. But when i saved and then got it, it always seemed better.

Either way, just getting someing works out better. Then you can spend your money on something esle hahaha.

Codeine said:
Maybe its just me, but whenever someone just gave me something, it was cool. But when i saved and then got it, it always seemed better.

Either way, just getting someing works out better. Then you can spend your money on something esle hahaha.

i feel that way too, my parents were gonna buy me a digital camera for x-mas. but i wanted to buy it myself, even if i was gonna be broke afterwards. plus i wanted a certain one, and they werent thinking of that one. now that i got it, i'm glad i bought it myself. they ended up buying me a dvd-rom drive instead, which is convenient too. so it all works out in the end.

yea my parents were technogically challenged
they have an ibm with windows 95 and a 3.5gig harddrive
lol i laugh whenever i see it
they still ask me who norton is too
get annoying after a while

You see that dell commercial where that kid is listing off all kids of crap and his parents dont know what he's talking about and the thing is "Get a dell PC today, you dont have to be a genius to get one!" or something like that.

That little 8 year old kid lists off like 2gbs of DDR533MHz RAM, 256mb PCI-E graphics card that was like an X800 or something like that, a 3.6GHz processor, it's ridiculous the crap he lists off and the sad thing is parents would get kids that stuff.

Nubius said:
You see that dell commercial where that kid is listing off all kids of crap and his parents dont know what he's talking about and the thing is "Get a dell PC today, you dont have to be a genius to get one!" or something like that.

That little 8 year old kid lists off like 2gbs of DDR533MHz RAM, 256mb PCI-E graphics card that was like an X800 or something like that, a 3.6GHz processor, it's ridiculous the crap he lists off and the sad thing is parents would get kids that stuff.

he mentions DDR2, and then some other kind of RAM. i find it funny they don't mention brands...thats almost as important as the actual product. i would get a 9800PRO"...i want a brand b4 the product so i know what kind of quality to expect. the commercial makes the kid sound like he's all technical and in depth, and the stuff he is saying is just the bare basics of what i consider when ordering hardware. i want week #'s, chip identification #'s, PCB design...all kinds of crap lol.

yeah I coulda sworn I put DDR2533MHz, oh well, I knew he asked for DDR2 and I specifically remember hearing 533MHz, but yeah as far as week numbers and PCB design and whatnot, it's generally only the 'hardcore enthusiasts' who could tell you that information.

Way back in april when I got my very first motherboard I asked the guy to hook up the PW Switch, HD Led jumpers to the mobo and he's all "aright I'll do it real quick, but normally I charge for this sort of stuff, thats why I make the big bucks" yes I swear he said "thats why I make the big bucks" looking back on it now I just want to slap that guy :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom