Interesting problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus

Daemon Poster
I am sitting here on my parents computer, which is a really sad 900MHz comp. The vid card is horrible, and one of the problems is that every so often, the monitor just goes black for like 2 seconds then comes back to picture. It also does this sometimes, but instead of the original screen reappearing, I get a BSOD...?
Another problem is that I'll be online, and then for no apparent reason, that little box that says "______ has performed and illegal operation. _______ will now close." comes up and I have no choice but to exit and get back in (where, on this comp, takes at least a minute to load just the home page).
I have posted this right after, for the first time ever, the comp has done a random restart! I was typing in the subject name, and it just restarted on me! What is up with that?!?!
What is going on with this computer?!?! Is it too old? I think we've had this comp for 5-7 years old, but I don't think that is the case seeing that TheMajor's comp is still operative. Any ideas anyone?

"BumF0ck..."

Usually when a computer reaches the age of 3, the system's sexuall activity with the RAM decreases as it progresses in age. :wooha: :wooha: :question: :freak:

..... ..... Replace the RAM. :confused: :cool:

Well, the original 128MB stick is still in there, but just recently, we went down to the comp show and picked us up another 128 stick.

"Gaymon..."

It could allso be some preferrences in the BIOS settings that dosn't allow it to use the full preferrence of the ram. I've had that problem before. :eek: :cool:

ATIRAGEPRO - I have tried all the keys to get in the bios. None work. The closest one is the F10 button(I think) which displays some BIOS post message thingy.
Eddie Haskell - I doubt it is heat related. We have never before had this problem.
TheMajor - I have dled and installed the latest drivers, but the problem continues. How do I run a memtest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom