error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

lheggie

Baseband Member
On and off for about a week now my computer has been freezing up when I am accessing the internet through internet explorer 6.0. I then have to ctrl/alt/delete to end task and following the end task I receive the blue screen stating. a fatal OD has occurred at 0E37:01576B97. Same message every time that this happens.

Operating system is windows 98 se
ram = 256
hd = 30GB

I keep my virus scan up todate and run it on a weekly basis. The system checks out clean when i scanned it yesterday.

Please help!

lheggie

I have totally reinstalled internet explorer 6.0 and problem still exists.

Also, my video card is a Diamond Stealth III 16 mb S540.

I hope that this info helps. I am still trying to resolve this problem. It does not happen all the time but at least once a day.

Have you installed any new software recently especially any program downloaded from the Internet i.e. file swapping software such as Kazaa, Imesh etc ?

no new software except windows updates. I dont use fileswapping software so no imesh or kazaa or kazaa lite.

looks like a power problem,..just my 2 cent

by the way,..this happens to a lot of 98se users.

no i very much doubt it is a power problem. he has it only when using IE6. if nothing else works i would suggest you reinstall win98 with the restore cd that came with your computer or the win98 cd. thats my answer for everything, i know it is not a good solution but you might be left with no choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom