which kind of ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJC1055

Baseband Member
cpu wont cool off

My computer is a P4P800S-X board with a 3.0ghz multi threading pentium 4 processor. 256 meg g force video card, currently 728meg ddr ram, 19 viewsonic lcd monitor, all the goodies.

The cpu runs at 53-55c at idle and about 57c under normal operation I installed another fan in the back but it cooled the case, not the chip
the case is only 26c
cpu up to 57c not even under a heavy load
Thanks

Chris

Site Navigation Error
The information or page you're looking for cannot be found. Please accept our apologies and allow us to point you in the right direction.

also whats the best way to cool it. I have just the regular fan plus a fan on the side, is that enough, i know more couldn't hurt if someone could point me in the right direction.
Thanks again

That's usually enough, just watch your temps to make sure they stay within a reasonable temperature.

well my temps are sill around 53-55c at idle, and 57c under a medium load, i just put another fan in the back and it didn't help anything. what is the best way to cool down the cpu, the case is low at 26c.

CJC1055, what size fan is that on your side panel? For some good advice, make sure you slightly have more exhaust. Because what happens is, when the air from your intake hits your mobo, it takes heat away. If you dont have proper exhaust, then that hot air stays in your case. Witch results in giving the heat back to your system.

Im guessing you have a exhaust fan at the rear of your case. I suggest putting another behind the other. Stacking them. Make sure you have good fans, another thing, make sure they are both the same fan. So they work at the same rate.

i would suggest getting a good copper heatsink by Thermaltake or Coolermaster and some Artic SIlver5. also when you stack your fans and they are good ones then they usually cause alot of noise.

So if i put the side fan as an intake and the two back ones as exhaust I should be good? right know all I have is two exhaust fans, one on the back and one on the side, and then the cpu fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom