Fully Optimized
P4 3.2 Ghz 800FSB
WD 160gb Sata HD
Nvidia 6600gt Pci-EX
1 GB Kinston Mem
Asus P5GD1 S775 Main
LG 4163b DVD Drive

Hi,

I have searched far and beyond to find the answer to this question but to no avail. Hopefully somebody out there knows the answer to my question.

My Defrag drive map, (using any defrag program ie diskeeper, perfectdisk, o&o), shows a large free space gap between data. Most of the data starts at the beginning , but a large chunk, including page file is in the middle of the drive. The space between my two data chunks is about 1/3 my drive. This bothers me. I want to know if this is normal. I would ideally like to see all the data from the beginning with no free space gaps, i know it was like this before. I dont know what has happened to change it. I have tried numerous defrag progarms to resolve my issue, none have changed the overall map.
I currently have 91% free space, my system is one month old with basically only games, music and utility programs on it.
I would really like to re-sort my drive (even if it takes time) so that it is one chunk not two.
Thank you for your replies,
Vaderpro.

I didn't defrag, but I am pretty sure it will not move everything to the beginning of the drive:

disks3xa.jpg

thanks major, how did u get get that picture in the post? maybe u should defrag and let me know, try perfectdisk 7.0 free download.

Maybe you're right. I rarely defrag.

I prefer O&O Prof, but I won't defrag now, going to bed soon.

Press Print Screent > paste in paint.
Go to www.imageshack.us to upload the pic.
Use the "img" tag to post the image.

Code:
[img ]http://www.site.com/pic.jpg[/img]

Remove the space after "[img"

Why not defrag when you're going to bed? Its the best time to do it IMO. No wasted downtime, provided you computer doent sound like a vacum cleaner.

I also have a large area of free space and the mft is part of the middle area (diskeeper shows mft)

I am not allowed to leave my comp running when I am sleeping :(

But I am defragging at the moment. Its very fast, not really fragmented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom