BSOD's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you going to go back to the TicTac Mantarays XT Bios then?
You must be pretty dissapointed at the temps you got from the bigwater kit... I know I would be. Hopefully everything is resolved with your issue, I know how it is to be so frustrated because you have no clue what is wrong with your comp.

I am also experiencing troubles, I about cried trying to get my comp working again after installing that nb cooler. My idle temps are up 5 degrees celsius at only 220x10. I am at a much lower vcore though. I am at 1.8 vcore and my temps are the same as they were when my vcore was 1.9. Maybe the cooler disrupted airflow or something... I'm getting some as5 and im gonna reinstall my heatsink, maybe that will help. I am also getting that adapter so I can put in my duct mod.

Your welcome nubius. I'll be glad to help anytime. I wonder if the will let you rma the rmaed board... Mabey the is a update of tictac's bios?

Yeah you have like 90days I think to RMA an RMA'd board, but I'm thinking it was simply the BIOS causing all the troubles as I had it in slot 2 & 3 before ever moving it to 1 and it worked better than slot 1&3 it seemed.

Also yeah Lazerman I'm going to have to use a modded BIOS if I want those higher FSB's, but now I have no idea which one I'm going to use. I couldn't hit 235 on the mantary BIOS's. And yeah you gotta consider that little fan on the NB cooler is hitting like 8500RPM so no doubt it's causing it's own little wind tunnel although your rise in temps seem fairly extreme.

Right now I'm running 200x12.5 = 2.5GHz 1.8Vcore

Running around 27C idle and up to 40C on full load, so I suppose the kit is doing aright. It is after all a budget kit and like I was told I set the bar awfully high as I had really cool temps as it was.

Oooh I just now remembered I gotta install that Nforce 2 cooling patch, that'll probably drop my idles even lower.

Thanks for the link Sevoma, I'll be checking it out.

I get all my BIOSs from:

http://www.pc-tweaker.ch/Downloads/Bios/Modded/Abit.php

Looks like I need one with the helping out of SATA corruption which would be the D10 but I also need 3D stability as that's why my games kept crashing I believe at the higher FSBs, but none of the BIOS's contain both. SATA = D10 3D = D26 Black Mantaray XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom