windows sneaky logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

newgurl

Solid State Member
Does anyone know how to delete all those logs Windows keeps of everything your computer does? Is there a program?

here is some info on what you're talking about... this tool collects these logs, does not remove them.

WHY would you want to remove these logs, they can be very important if you want to fix your system... and they do NOT take up much space at all...

are you trying to hide something?

http://www.kbdigisol.com/msreport tool.htm

where are they to delete?

Brady, do you know where they are?
I understood they took up tons of space.

most of them are located in the $windows$ and $system32$ directories, and are txt files... the do NOT take up that much space and i would not recomend messing with them if you do not know what you are doing.

good luck
~KB

edit**
keep in mind that some of these .log and .txt files are refrenced for system operations such as windows updates, and removing them or editing them without a working knowlege of what they do, what dependencies they have could cause more problems than it's worth... just thought i'd pass that along.

Re: ah i see

newgurl said:
someone told me they were really bad things

everyone has thier own opinions. however if you do not understand the Windows OS they can appear "bad" in fact, if you have proper security on your system to protect you from getting "hacked" these files could save your system... as they are some of the first things i look for when i recieve a sick pc to repair...

if you do get "hacked" i'm sure that there is much more information on that computer that you would consider a much higher priority in the "personal" or "confidential" catagory...

i would ask that person why he/she thinks they are bad, then do your own research and develope your own opinions.

knowlege is power.
~KB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom