Cant figure this out

Status
Not open for further replies.

splatsc300

Solid State Member
I have 4 computers all identical.. Specs are...

MB: Gigabyte GA-7VKMLS VIA km266

CPU: AMD Athlon 1700+ XP 1.4ghz

Mem: 256 SDRAM

Hard drive: 20GB

200watt power supply.....

Problem:

Motherboards get power all fans come on hard drive spools.. but nothing on the screen doesnt post or nothing...

I tried trouble shooting, no beep codes, swaped power supplies, changed memory, changed mother board, changed processor nothing..

Are all four machines doing this or just one?
Also, has they ever been working or have you just built them?

200watt power supply.....

I didn't know you could boot a p1 with that kind of power let alone an athlon, couldn't tell you as to the cause of your problem though. Something happened to all 4 at the same time? Something doesn't add up there. Your missing a detail here, were there any power trucks in the area when this happened? With the details provided its anyones guess.

I've had a motherboard not post 1 time, it was right after I upgraded the cpu... I will never figure out how I managed to attach the heatsink with the ziff handle sticking straight up. Yes it did work afterwards.

It's only an XP 1700+ wouldn't really take that much power, but yeah 200w is awefully low.
But for all 4 to crash is pretty damn weird

Its really weird.. I even dropped in a new motherboard and it didnt work but if I put the CPU in a different computer its works... I am so stumped right now... its anoying

Crap I figured it out... it was a combonation of power supply and cpu... the power supply I was using to test had bad wires...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom