help, when booting a box opens with an "X" in it

Status
Not open for further replies.

beach_baby_gurl

Beta member
After changing ISP's and their software 3 times I started encountering an error sound and a small box with an "x" in it, like a program is trying to open but isn't there any longer, maybe??? I have tried using msconfig and stopping programs from launching but am having no luck. Any ideas would be appreciated, this isn't a big problem but it's getting to me every time I boot up. I can close the box and then everything seems to run fine. Thanks...I need all the help I can get.

I have ran a check for spyware, deleted temp files, also did a virus scan. Could this maybe be coming from when I d/l Mcafee antivirus? I had installed it through aol then uninstalled aol around the time started happening. I have changed to a dsl account now and they offered mcafee antivirus and I did d/l it again.

beach_baby_gurl said:
I have ran a check for spyware, deleted temp files, also did a virus scan. Could this maybe be coming from when I d/l Mcafee antivirus? I had installed it through aol then uninstalled aol around the time started happening. I have changed to a dsl account now and they offered mcafee antivirus and I did d/l it again.

Ah, yes, I remember when I had McAfee, I think it pops up at the beginning by default. You should uninstall McAfee and intstall AFG Antivirus instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom