Been Hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

ric424

Beta member
Hello. I was hacked the other night. I have basically lost control of my computor. I think I have stopped information from going out but I have lost the ability to send email. Any java sites dont work. I cant remove or add programs, my printer was uninstalled. just to name a few things.

I am running win2k pro I had all the latest patches and Outlook express 6 with patches.

I dont know where to start or what to do? Any thoughts or comments would help please!

oh and i cant access my floppy or cd rw or drive. so this guy did one hell of job on me. I found some logs that looks like he had a program that scanned the registry and changed it......but I am not sure. Please guide me in the right direction.

P.S also running Zone Alarm Pro and Norton Anti Virus
Amd 1800 Sanyo Dragon Lite 256 mem.

Thanks for your help in advance!!

Hi

Sorry to here about that.I think the best thing to do is reformat and reinstall everthing.I know its a hassle but it will be best.Trying to fix it will only frustrate you more than a reinstall.
Also ifyou dont do a reformat you might risk still having something left over from whoever hacked you.Then get a little more protection.And make sure and setup zone alarm up more aggresively.After you get your computer go to
http://grc.com/x/IPAgentDiscontinued.htm and run the tests to see if your computer is safe.Good Luck
Pat S.

Hey thanks thats what I kinda figured...Here's the other problem when I try to burn some data to save it. I get an error message..

An error using Com/ole please check the installation of com. All I want to do is get this working so I can take off what I would like to save and then wipe this drive and the hacker clean. Any idea?

Thanks Richard

Maybe you can create a new partition and move the data you wanna save. Then reformat the first one. If you can install Partition Magic or something lkike that

I dont know if you are infected with a trojan hoarse virus or just a virus, but i can guide you. I do not recommend norton anti virus to anyone, i recommend kaspersky anti virus personal pro 4.5. ZoneAlarm is a great firewall, but some trojan hoarse viruses bypass firewalls because the torjan hoarse virus injects into internet explorer. If thats you case, get kaspersky anti virus personal pro, ulock the full version, update it, and scan your pc for viruses. Also get software that displays what is loading with windows, such as registry cleaner. BE VERY CAREFULL WHEN USING THESE PRODUCTS. Do not remove anything unless you know what it is and make sure that windows does not depend on it, because if it does and you remove it windows will malfunction. I hope this helped, take care!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom