6600gt ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisgill369

In Runtime
Whats the PNY Verto version of it like ?

I was thinking of getting the XFX before but ive heard some bad things about the card and customer server. ALso this PNY card has just been slightly reduced on ebuyer so im thinking about getting this one now.

Thanks
- Chris

they dont sell the MSI version on ebuyer :confused:

these are my options

PNY - £139.98
Leadtek - £154.85
XFX - £160.97

If the more expensive ones arent really any different then i may aswell get the cheaper one.

Does anyone know how the nvidia chipsets work with motherboards with the VIA K8T800 Pro chipset ? Are there any conflicts etc.

Whoaaa.. That's EXPENSIVE!.. I just did a quick calculation and the local computer store in my area (TO, Canada) sells the Leadtek 6600 GT for UK £114.16. Big difference :s..

And the XFX is even cheaper!

Yeah I was saying that before - its ridiculas the prices over here, compared to the US.

Anyways, I recently bought the 6600GT off PCWorld Component Store located on the PCWorld.Co.Uk Website (Follow the links on the Menu - LeftHand Side) and what can I say? It really is good value for money in every aspect, the proformance is top notch! supposeabley there is no other card out there that proforms as good as this for the value.

I have the PNY Verto PCIE 6600GT, and so far it is very good. Although.... I have only played it with the original Deus Ex, but its your lucky day if you really want to find out about it, as I just bought the HL2 special edition, I havn't put the dvd in yet, so I don't know if this steam thing really really takes hours to do, but if there is anygame that should be used for testing a card, you can't get better than HL2, right?

I'll tell ya, its good to play deus ex with no slow down and all the settings all the way up :) Its age does show through though, but I havn't finished it yet is the speed it used to run on my old pc was almost unplayable.

BTW, any tips on setting up a 6600GT for half life?

eVGA 6600GT is supposed to be the easiest one to overclock past Ultra speeds, thats the one i plan on getting.

Yeah, as i was reading along i was just about to say dont even consider any other 6600 GT when the eVGA is there. So i recommend the eVGA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom