adobe acrobat 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITwannabee

In Runtime
I need suggestions. here is my situation. I have a computer with Adobe Acrobat 6.0 standard. it was working fine but all of a sudden, the computer will freeze or slow down dramatically when trying to access adobe. the computer freezes when clicking the Adobe Acrobat icon and does the same when accessing a file online.

i tried uninstalling adobe acrobat standard, distiller, and reader then rebooted the computer and installed everything again but the problem still remains. i'm not sure what else i could do.

By the way, when i try to use adobe acrobat, the computer slows down and when i go to task manager, the process is 98 on adobe.exe. drops for a little bit but stays in the 90's. I'm pretty sure that i'm installing the software correctly but there seems to be a conflict.

Please tell me your suggestions. Thanks

When you look in your program files how many adobe folders do you see ?
ex: 4.0 , 5.0 etc...

If you have multiple instances on your machine, they don't like eachother.
Did you get the adobe 6 from the internet ?
If you did try another download site.

i bought adobe 6 standard. that's the one that doesn't work. actually, when i reinstall adobe standard and adobe reader, none of them works. i tried removing all the adobe software and re installed them but still doesn't work.

I'm clueless.

kinda sounds like you have software issues...
Im not sure about this but...
are there sys requirements for adobe ?

Try this...
uninstall everything again, ( including the registry keys for adobe )
then install a reader 6.0 from a website...
tell me if your system still fails with this install.
You could just have mulitple keys in registry.

That would work...
Check Local machine | software
To make sure you got everything...
Go down this list of all the Software Keys...
Make sure you even check the SID keys for software...

i got it to work. this is how i did it.

i went to command prompt and went to c:
del acr*.tmp/s
after it deleted a few hundred files, i installed reader 7.0 then installed 6.0 standard. after all the installation is done, i was able to use both programs and it worked!!!

i guess all i had to do is delete the temp files and it solved the problem.

Thanks again for the help.

the software have lots of plug-ins ,so whenever you use it ,it have to load the pulg-ins,so it take a lot of energy of you computer...i donn't suggest using it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom