PC in a mini fridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
jolancer said:
thats easily fixed by removing the pc case side pannel. and moisture cant get in, unless the fridge door is open.

the air is full of moisture, you have to open the door at some point to put the computer in the fridge, therefore as the air inside the fridge cools down the moisture will form droplets on the walls of the fridge, case and quite possibly on the mobo... not something I would ever want to try!

Chill the cooling unit (put it in the fridge or put a coil around it) and yer set. Nice and safe, and no real moisture problems to worry about (if you use thick enough tubbing). Assuming the pump motor can withstand the temperatures, you could drop the temperature of the liquid to below freezing, and pass that right over the CPU.
yea that woudl work, since the only cooling unit ona pcwatercooler is its radiator... mix a lota anitfreez with the water, router the radiator lines into the fridge... id imajine that no matter how thick the tubing is, it will prolly drop to the same temp as the liquid, so u'd just need to insulate the lines realy well.
the air is full of moisture, you have to open the door at some point to put the computer in the fridge, therefore as the air inside the fridge cools down the moisture will form droplets on the walls of the fridge, case and quite possibly on the mobo... not something I would ever want to try!
a fridge is just an airconditioner, except its inside a refidgerator box. once the door is closed and its turned on, all the moistur is removed. the colder it gets, the dryer it gets.

jolancer said:
a fridge is just an airconditioner, except its inside a refidgerator box. once the door is closed and its turned on, all the moistur is removed. the colder it gets, the dryer it gets.

nope

an airconditioner filters the air (removing moisture as it has a built in de-humidifier)... fridges do not. I'm sure you have opened the fridge before and seen condensation on the back wall or on a can of coke or something!

this was done before quite well with a guy who made a pc-fridge with a beautiful wood case. it worked very well and looked extremely well. this was actually from the screensavers site and i believe it had actually been shown here also. it can be done but the specifics i dont know and are very important as the moisture issue is of course a big one. it is possible though and would be an interesting project for someone here to try and possibly document on the forum with pictures and details as things progress.

You guys dont get humor, this thread was just funny after my chest freezer idea, than antartica closed the deal.

If i ever want a super cool PC, i just have to run a pipe outside

an airconditioner filters the air (removing moisture as it has a built in de-humidifier)... fridges do not.

thy all work the same, a Fridg, a AC, and a Dehumidafyer. and note - thy dont have filters for moisture, its just a natual affect from how the system runs. so, the above quote is incorrect.

but, i did go to my fridge just to make shur there wasnt some kind of phenomenon that causess condensation inside a fridge... after touching all the walls and a few containers, i concluded that the fridge is bone dry.

perhaps your fridge gets open offten?, or its getting old and inefective? or maybe u havnt checked recently, so your memory doesnt serv u correctly?

a water chiller will get jsut as cold and the condensation is 10X easier to control (because it's basicall jsut an UBER cold water setup). It should probably give you better CPU temps since all that cold is concentrated into 1 area, and you don't have to worry about outside moisture or anything one its insulated (like a vapochill)

jsut get a mediocre water setup, insulate your socket (or w/e u wanna cool) and the block you are using. might wish to place rads and such OUTSIDE the case incase they get too cold and drip. Then get some extra long tubing, run it through an icebox with the water, and poof...easily get into the negative temps at a decent vcore.

jolancer said:
perhaps your fridge gets open offten?, or its getting old and inefective? or maybe u havnt checked recently, so your memory doesnt serv u correctly?

or maybe YOUR fridge isn't COLD enough? check your freezer (since those are the kinds of temps u will probably want for cooling something that has a potential to reach ~80C) and look at the icecream or something. they should have ice crystals on them. in the event that your icecream COULD generate heat, then it would constantly be dripping and refreezing and dripping and so on. for a computer 1 drip would be fatal. i would say a freezer is the only thing i would try...an actual refridgerator won't get you half the temp drop as a freezer would (unless your fridge has a very low running temp).

1) i went to check the freezer, incase theres somekinda freezer phenomenon that condensates, and i didnt know about.. but, no such luck, just cold as hell, and dry to the bone.

2)4W4K3 - i didnt understand anything u posted, im a pritty bad speller, so i usualy understand incohearent stuff, but u have the rong words placed next to each other or something.

3)iv never actually payed attention to the inside of the fridge(thats the only reason i went to check), iv always just assumed the information known as 'sience' is correct.. next time someone says that there is moisture ina fridge, and i read it, ima have to tellem to go F%ck there F#idge.

4W4K3 - u c ice crystalls on stuff such as Icecream box's in your freezer becasue... once the box is out of the freezer, condensation forms on it, and when its put back inthe freezer, the condensation freezess into ice crystals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom