Help me decide

Status
Not open for further replies.

koldapu

Fully Optimized
I found an X800XT PCI-E on eBay for $470 total, even though I was orginally going to get the X800XL. The seller shipped it out today and I should be getting the XT by Tuesday . . . the questions here are :

1) Is it worth the extra money to keep the XT over selling it and buying the XL?

2) When will XLs reach NEAR MSRP price, let's just say, $330-ish . . .

The rest of my rig is in my sig (lol, that rhymes)

Note: I am not playing Doom3, so no nVidia recommendations . . . I'm playing HL2, CounterStrike Source, and possibly FarCry (with other non GPU intensive games here and there)

Also note : The X800XT is an OEM pulled from a Dell, so I would be unable to RMA it if something went wrong (the seller has already assured me that if there is something wrong with the card when I get it, he will refund my $$)

edit: actually, i'm looking at the auction page and it says "Built by ATi"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5163812618&ssPageName=ADME:X:ON:US:2

thats the page, even if its pulled from a PC, would i be able to RMA it if something went wrong?

Well honestly, they are both good. I suggest the X800 XT. Thats what im getting, so that might be why im suggesting it. The Sapphire X800 XT is 520$, you can OC that to a Platinum without much OC. Besides all that, the X800 XT will stay top of the line for a long time. Thats also something to think about.

And are referee tonight is Nubius. Ding ding - round one ! Sorry folks the thread is down for the count. And still no winner.

well, since it was pulled out of a Dell and it is Built by ATi, would I still be able to RMA it if it went awry?

Now that the thread is back on track. Is the price savings worth the risk. Have you checked the internet for a new one . I agree with waynejkruse10 ,I just dont trust ebay with used stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom