Nubius' "Unofficial" Bigwater Review *56kers Beware..Big Pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.
::raises hand:: Oooh oooh! Mr. Kotter!

:p

They have triple stacked rads that hold 3 120mm fans. So it depends on if you want a completely internal setup or what, but a lot of people simply drill holes on the top and mount the rad up there....I'm not that clever :p

check out www.xtremesystems.org they have some CRAZY setups there including one guy who put it in a awesome metallic briefcase

I agree, its a constant flow of water. So if it moves really fast, their will still be water behind the water. The faster it moves, the less amount of time the water has to carry the heat. So if you have water carrying the heat at a slow rate, thats more time for the heat to conduct elsewhere. No matter how fast the water is circulated, its going to touch the block. So no matter what, its going to carry heat.

Ah ok, my bad. =) I didnt look at the speed of the pump... damn thats slow. And it you're using 2 rads already.... huh. dunno. Problem has to be that the water isnt absorbing heat fast enough, or that it isnt letting go of it fast enough, and since u've got 2 radiators....Might be ur keepin ur room too warm =) perhaps get an external resivoir, and every half hour or so, syphon a cup or 2 out and drop a few ice cubes in :p

Codeine said:
I agree, its a constant flow of water. So if it moves really fast, their will still be water behind the water. The faster it moves, the less amount of time the water has to carry the heat. So if you have water carrying the heat at a slow rate, thats more time for the heat to conduct elsewhere. No matter how fast the water is circulated, its going to touch the block. So no matter what, its going to carry heat.

Excactly....Your goal is to have water at as close to ambient room temp as possible and the only thing that would cause watercooling failure is if the water was heating up more than it could cool down....Like you said you have water no matter what so it really cant go too fast but can go too slow. As for the ice cube idea the only issue with cooling water is condensation which would occur once the water is cooled more than room temp...kinda like a cold drink it would sweat.

You can't put ice cubes though which contains minerals and bacteria in it, in a cooling solution that's not meant to have water in it.

The only kind of water that goes into a liquid setup is distilled water and even then you have to put anti-rust, anti-corrosive,anti-algae kind of stuff in it.

But yeah my room is 23c/74F right now

Couldn't tell ya the water temp or anything though.

When you first set it up you can get an idea of how fast the water is moving by watching the bubbles flow. It's definitely not a sluggish pace by all means, but it probably does need to get through those rads quicker. Don't know. When/if I upgrade in the future ya know I"ll be posting again ;)

Nubius....I've decided that before I upgrade my processor/mobo I'm gonna build myself a water setup using dangerden products and a Lian Li case with alot of room This way I will already have the h2o thing worked out before I get the next processor/mobo....(minus the different block) I figure it will take time either way....the case alone is a buck eighty five not including any of the h2o parts...oh well I will get a few pieces per month until its all ready to go.

*shakes head
Lian Li case for a watercooling setup, seems like such a waste. I mean if your gonna water cool it anyway why not just buy some big cheap hunk of junk. I don't know its your money man.

Yeah peltier was what I was talking about. You just need more information to figure out where to spend your money for the best improvement.

A case isnt like a processor or other hardware b/c it will be used for years to come. A case is the shell of your rig....if I wanted a cheap hunk of sheetmetal then I would just order a $50.00 Case but to me I want a case worth owning that not only looks good but performs good. Have you ever owned a Lian Li?

*shakes head
Lian Li case for a watercooling setup, seems like such a waste. I mean if your gonna water cool it anyway why not just buy some big cheap hunk of junk. I don't know its your money man.
That's ridiculous to say honestly. Go look at most peoples water cooling setups and you will see a Lian-Li case. They are top quality cases and are very slick and sleek looking.

Lian-Li's are awesome mike, almost got one myself but wanted a full tower and not mid so I would have room to work in, but my case weighs 50+lbs.

I wish I had known more about water cooling and I probably woulda built my own instead of getting the bigwater, but eh, oh well. It was an experience and practice nonetheless

i was thinking about peltier cooling once but they suck a lot of power and if your heatinks fan fails, your screwed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom