if only my wallet was as big as my...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would get the new DFI Lanparty SLI
I would get 2 gig of ram
I would ditch the floppy :D
And get 6800 U EE's

EDIT: Ditch the crappy soundblaster for a real card too :)

keep floppy (SATA drives) for the 2nd time that IS 2 gigs ram and good catch on the mobo, will switch. and ultras aren't made in EE for pci-e

lol was at newegg and guy is building a comp for 5k, keep in mind the system above has over a grand in raptors, now look at this:

KICK #$%!!! been waitin for the ultras to get to newegg. they have them at aXXXXXX, but they over charge ALOT!!!. gona run great with my setup. i have 5 grand to spend and this si what im lookin to put togethere...
FX-53
Asus K8 SLI Deluxe
4gb (4x1gb Corsair DDR400 XMS)
4x160 Samsung SATA harddrives
Samsung full combo drive
thermaltake's 680watt (ya thats right 680) silent pure power
2xeVGA 6800 Ultra PCI-E
Audigy 2 ZS PE

already have case, ide cables and CPU cooling:
Thermaltake Tsunami dream 3000 (black) case
Thermaltake Pure copper 112 4in1 tower
Thermaltake variable speed contral fans (all fans)

Bamm!!!

^end quote^

damn i hope he's not using all the 5k

The guy you just talked about made a pretty unbalanced system

Pff ditch your current sound card and get a delta 1010 or something. And mackie speakers :p

i'd sell it and buy myself a car:) i could never use anything like that, even if it was free i don't think i'd keep it. a sub-par 3200+ 939 setup is about as overkill as i would go...no more than $1700 for sure.

GageMW said:
4gb (4x1gb Corsair DDR400 XMS)/B]

that guy must be an idiot or using that computer for something HUGE (maybe work unit?) bcuz it LOOKS like a gaming compouter, and 4GB of RAM is possibly the stupidest thing in the world (not to mention the 4*160GB of HDD space) People think they need 200GB or more for a gaming computer matched with at LEAST 2GB of RAM...this is so pathetic it makes me wish mobos only supported up to 2GB for gaming computers.

Yeah some guy in sof2 was telling me that 4gb was completely necessary and that he had 3gb of it on the page file or something and it was just 'sooo fast'....I just laughed and continued playing.

No one besides server needs even more than 2gb really. Hell alot of people will make due with 1gb. This 1gb kit right now is the first time in my life I've ever had 1gb of RAM and I love it. It never gets anywhere close to be completely used

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom