overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

reggie_da_man

Fully Optimized
hi everyone, im pretty new to computers Im thinking of building myself a new computer but i wanna overclock my cpu...im probably just gonna buy a athlon 64 2800+ because its the best bang for ur buck ($156.00) anyway can anyone tell me where to start cuz i really want this....thx

Read the sticky at the top of these forums. Basics of overclocking.

Then you need to find a motherboard that can accomodate all the OC options you would need. an ABit or DFI motherboard would give you those options. But you should familiarize yourself with how OC'ing works, what BIOS options are needed and whether the board you're buying has those options.

motherboard

i was actually looking at the "ECS 755-A2" motherboard and it semms pretty good... but do u kno anything on the overclocking abilities of that board??

Well the motherboard comrad suggested is a really good OC'ers board. I don't know about that ECS, who makes it?

Like I said though ABit and DFI are some of the best OC'ers boards out there. So if you really want to have lots of BIOS options you should look to those two companies and see what their boards have to offer.

Make sure you read that basics to OC'ing sticky at the top, and make sure you understand the fundamentals needed to OC and what options are absolutely 100% crucial to overclocking. Then go to a board that looks good and download the manual for it and see if the BIOS has those options and more

You mainly need:

CPU Frequency
AGP:pCI Lock
Vcore
Vdimm
DRAM Timings

Those are options you definitely want to have when looking to OC

i've had 2 ECS's....both had the same duron in them....i'm on one right now....never had a problem with them at all......i can't say anything bad about them....they are the cheaper motherboard....and they do give the bang for the buck........it had no problem runnin' far cry.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom