Nubius' "Unofficial" Bigwater Review *56kers Beware..Big Pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that plate is a Peltier.

http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=85&cat=30&page=1

It gets really hot on one side and gets insanely cold on the other. That's a project I'm not willing to tackle though.

Hey, even if it didn't work as you planned... This still sets you up in the future if you plan on getting a more serious kit. And you still got good results, I would LOVE to have those temps.
Yeah that's how I'm looking at it. Good practice. But yeah you can't compare a 35w 2400+ XP-M to an FX-55 as far as temps go.

Hey Nubius i think you had very good temps before the water thats why your disapointed, but i know you said that but im gonna build my own kit.

Yeah if you build your own you should get better temps.

But yeah it's like someone said, I set the bar fairly high considering I had really good temps as it was and this is a budget kit after all

if you had a choice of each part, what would you get?

also, have you tried overclocking anymore to the max?

I was wondering how you can setup more then 1 rad? Thats a damn good idea. Also, are you using 120mm fans with over 100-CFM? Since im taking air cooling very seriously, i was thinking about adding a small water system. I have no clue what water system i have in mind. But i was considering the big water.

Your temps are still really good Nubius. Im just hoping i can have my newcastle at 2.5ghz, 42c full load.

Actually mike, that isnt really true. Certainly, a fast pump is something that make a water cooling system good, but the key to water cooling is a good radiator, to keep ur water cold. Withou a good radiator, ur "fan" is going to just be pushing "hot air", thus not cooling efficiently at all.

if you had a choice of each part, what would you get?

also, have you tried overclocking anymore to the max?
Swiftech 300GPH pump, not sure if I'd go 3/8" or 1/2" inch tubing though cause 1/2" is harder to maneuver.

Also no I haven't gotten a chance to OC any because if you see in the hardware section I posted a BSOD thread and my computer has been giving me troubles ever since I took it apart, installed the cooling, and put it back together, so currently I haven't even been able to use the damn thing.

Probably a dangerden Maze4 block, but perhaps if I was just picking em out I'd get there TBX line I think it is.

And Codeine, the front 120mm fan is 87CFM, the one behind that is the one that comes with the kit which is rated at 93CFM and
the one at the back is also the stock at 93CFM.

Jlober - In this case 30GPH compared to a normal 300GPH would make a considerable difference. I have 2 rads instead of just using the one that came with the kit and 3 fans to cool it.

I have a 4th fan on the way.

JLobes said:
Actually mike, that isnt really true. Certainly, a fast pump is something that make a water cooling system good, but the key to water cooling is a good radiator, to keep ur water cold. Withou a good radiator, ur "fan" is going to just be pushing "hot air", thus not cooling efficiently at all.

I can see where you are coming from but he has 2 rads....lol.....so maybe he ambient temp just really wont get much lower?.....hmmmm....dont know.....I do know that better h2o systems do have faster pumps along with bigger tubing for faster more efficient water flow for more thermal transfer. here take a look at their pumps for yourself and you be the judge my take is: if the rad was the only/major factor then what would be the need for a faster pump?

if the rad was the only/major factor then what would be the need for a faster pump?
Yup, of course with this puny bigwater pump theres no way it would be able to handle thicker hoses muchless if you wanted to add in a nice big reservoir, chipset and GPU cooling, things like that, you'd need a strong pump just to keep the water moving.

But you know there's gotta be an equilebrium somewhere...where if the water moves too slow, then it fills up it's 'quota' if you will of how much heat it can suck up then carry off, but if it moves too quickly then it can't grasp the heat and move it away. So theres gotta be somewhere in the middle where it'd be just perfect...the amount of flow carries as much heat as it can while moving fast enough to keep the flow going without backing up the line.

I don't know I'm no expert though

lets look at it this way....water is the thermal conductor....the copper core block will heat up regardless b/c it is in direct contact with the cpu/gpu.....so if water runs over it too slowly it will have to transfer the heat somewhere so it will go to the water that is slowly flowing though it which means the water will heat up more to soak up the energy(heat) in a shorter amound of water since it is moving slower...so one could also argue that the slower moving water would have more time in the rads since it is moving slower to cool off but the fact is that the rads will only displace so much energy(heat) at any given time based on their size....considering that the average rad for a pc is gonna be around the same size b/c of having to fit it on a case my argument would be that (1) since the average rad can only displace so much energy why not displace less energy over more water by moving it faster....you see a heated core will need to give off heat regardless....if you take your finger lick it and touch something hot it wont burn b/c the water on your finger instantly absorbed the energy(heat) given off from the source....now if you licked or wet your finger and touched it for a little longer it would probrably burn you b/c the water on your fingertip can only absorb so much energy before it is forced to transfer the energy to your finger.....so this being said a faster pump moves the water over the hot surface faster so not as much energy is displaced at any particular area of the hose thus allowing the radiator to more efficiently do its job. Any questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom