virus-like infection

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekÆsine

Fully Optimized
i have a serious problem trying to fix my friend's computer. literally from out of nowhere a spyware-like program has installed a bunch of programs onto the computer and launches internet explorer by itself. MS messenger has been disabled and not in taskbar.

i receive a series of popup spam, continuosly like a java bomb. if this is a virus, it is the most powerful virus i have ever seen. everything that the spyware installed i have uninstalled and still does not get rid of it. i'm going to see if a virus scan or selective boot works. does anyone else have this problem?

NAV2003 finished and told me it was a trojan download virus. i had autoprotect on though, i thought that was supposed to protect it from this stuff.

why do people do this stuff? i was literally ready to kill someone over this; the most frustrating thing i've ever dealt with. i'm starting to get paranoid over these viruses, i have had 4 people ask me to fix there computer because they have some kind of virus on them. that's 5 viruses in about a month including a virus on my own computer.

i'll try spybot and adaware first thing in the morning microbell, thanks for the help :)

shan said:
i always gotta say this...ahhh Linux :)

right on

On windows, I scan every week (at least) with Ad-Aware 6 pro, Spy-bot and Norton 2003. Maybe you got the worm before Norton knew about it, then found it after a definitions upodate. Auto-protect wont detect a virus unless you or an app try to exe the virus, so you may have one and wont find out unless you reach the folder or do a scan.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom