Status
Not open for further replies.

oO0StRyKeR160Oo

Solid State Member
i just bought a dfi lanparty mobo
2600+ athlon xp proccesor
512 400 mhz RAM
and a 256mb video card 8x AGP

Im buying a case with 7 fan mounts (80mm) and it comes with 3. I have a fan for my cpu. Wat other fans would be a good idea to buy? I've been looking at video card coolers but i acnt tell if they are worth the money.Should I buy another fan(s) and if so how many? I don't know how many fans is sufficient since i used to have a piece computer with one fan :)

thanks

well, everything you are buying should be fine with three case fans. Your video card, as long as you dont tamper with the clock settings, should run fine with stock cooling. Your CPU will also run fine on stock cooling under the same conditions.

All I suggest is getting one more fan and have it mounted near or right on your hard drives. (if the hard drive area has a fan mount) This will drop the overall system heat output.

Outside of that, you are fine as you are now.

ok thanks
which would work better a case fan mounted near the hard drive or a hard drive cooler? ive seen hard drive coolers for the same price as a case fan and it seems like it would work better specifically for a hard drive.

hard drive coolers are usually mounted on the 5" drive bays..which means that your also going to put the hard drive there too. a case fan mounted near the hard drive will not surpass the cooling capability of the hard disk cooler.

Personally i'd say fill it up to what your ears can withstand, due to the jet engine noises that could be coming from your computer, you might not be able to actually enjoy your computer, make sure to have an intake and exhaust fan though, IE: intake on front (not sides or from top), and exhaust in the back, also, put you PSU topside fan on the bottom (turn it over) so this way you should have an intake fairly close to your CPU to get rid of heat quickly. The draft is the most important thing though, to help move air around!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom