pci slot fan for a 6800gt??

Status
Not open for further replies.
it got up to 60c playing farcry. 1 quick question. is it better to play a game with all the quality settings maxed at a low resolution or play at a high resolution with it all turned down or somewhere in between? also please state the advantages of each if possible.

well the resolution would just make it crisper, but if you've got the graphics turned down to crap there's really nothing to crisp ya know?

Best bet would just to max out the graphics and lower the res.

wonder if there is anyway to mod a 92mm or even a 120mm fan under the graphics card? i mean atm i only have my audigy which is in my very bottom pci slot leaving nice nice space to fit one on. even if it running slowly sumthing is better than nothing when it comes to my fanless heatsink on it. how loud are artic coolers? cos was looking to get one to replace on my my card, well wen a 6600gt version comes out

crow0021 said:
xteam02001, thats a nice 3dmark05 score. do u have stock cooling to achieve that oc??

idiotec, my load temp is 85c.

hey. thanks dude. yeah i have stock cooling on the video card but my system is really cooled down. my cpu idles at 28c and 38c load. my 6800GT idles at around 53c and at load its around 60c. as for the 3dmark05 score, i am using the newer 71.25 drivers.

hey xteam how are those drivers with farcr? im using the 66.93 drivers and they arent great for that game.

i was gonna try either the 71.25 driver or the omega ones i was hoping to find out which everyone thought was better and specifically for which games.

jblaze725 said:
hey xteam how are those drivers with farcr? im using the 66.93 drivers and they arent great for that game.

sorry dude. i havent tried farcry with the 71.25 drivers yet. i havent got the game. from what i ahve heard the 71.25 drivers make yellow water in half life2. havent seen it either cause i dont have the game. if you do some research on the nvidia forums maybe you can see some personal experinces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom