BSOD's

Status
Not open for further replies.
STOP 0x0000000A errors indicate a driver or firmware problem normally as you probably know.

If it helps (which it probably won't) :
the 1st parameter (0x00000004) is the memory address that was referenced when the problem occured,
2nd parameter determines the IRQL that was accessing the memory.
The 3rd parameter indicates a write (as opposed to a read) error.
The last parameter is address of the instruction that attempted to access the memory specified in param 1.

If last param is within a address range used by a particular device, you can determine which device is causing the problem.

well with the above error you can try a few of these things. Disable any cache and shadowing in the bios. Yeah, slow as hell but see if its an issue there, it may very well be... Oddly enough, this sounds alot like a possible bios problem, but thats hard to believe considering it worked before... but if disabling the above works, that points to the bios for some reason.

Well I just got a 3rd blue screen. The installation got further than it has yet and now gave me this:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

*** STOP: 0x00000050 (0x86BFF278, 0x00000000, 0x804edCE7, 0x00000000)

So yeah....All I can come to is that this hardrive is bunk.

I know everythings installed correctly I just had to reseat most of it yesterday.

Bah this is lame

EDIT: The shadowing and cache is already disabled BTW

Nubius, before RMA'ing this one, take it down to the bare bones. One stick of memory, take off anything that is extra as in the sound card, go back to on board sound. Strip it down to the ground and see if you still get the BSOD.

Then start adding ONE item at a time. IF you get something to crap out on you, that's your problem. IF you crap out at the stripped stage, then it could be your power supply, hard drive, that one stick of RAM, or the motherboard. Liz

Have you tried putting your clock speeds on default?
Yeah but even it worked, that'd piss me off that I'd have to go back to defaults from a known stable speed simply to format and have this much trouble.

Liz- I'm going to try a spare 20gb I have and see how that does. I tested my RAM sticks with memtest86+ last night, no errors there. Already removed my sound card and even have onboard disabled.

Honestly I'm hoping that once I put in this spare 20gb that it goes through flawless because I'd much rather have the HD be defective and know whats up than trying to hunt down the culprit.

Yeah, but have you disconnected your peripherals? Disconnect the floppy, DVD/CD burner, etc from the system while you do this. That way they can't affect the test. And that's why I suggest going to ONE stick of RAM.

If they are the problem, they may be affecting the system and giving you the BSOD. If you disconnect them and then the BSOD stops. You add the floppy, it doesn't happen, you add the dvd, it happens, then you have found the culprit, see what I mean? Liz

Yeah I know what you mean, but it's a huge pain in the butt to remove those peripherals so first off I'm going to simply see if when I hook up this 20gb if the problem starts, then if that doesnt then I can start going to the more drastic troubleshooting.

Yup, not the hard drive. Just got yet another blue screen, this time a memory dump

*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x8057FFD0, 0xF7C66B88, 0xF7C66888)

Well this is just jim dandy

BTW: this only occurs when trying to install windows, so I gotta have one disk drive installed simply to be able to install it, and since my drive is SATA I also have to have my floppy and I only have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom