PC Shuts down after 30sec of boot up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your help. I've unplugged and plugged everything on my PC several times... And my family is full of engineers, and non of them can understand why it's not working either, some mentioned a faulty MB, but...

i had that problem before except mine onn started for about 1 second...i sent back the mother board and then it worked fine...also if i turn the cpu fsb up too much it shuts down and i have to reset the bios just to reboot

If I recall in an article when I first started building pc's is that to see if you pc POST's properley is to just have the cpu/heatsinc/fan and the PSu with memory. See if it still turns off after 30 seconds if it does you can then narrow down the problem. And also are you sure you have the correct jumper settings for the mobo?

The problem has been fixed. All I needed was to get some good Thermal Paste because my stock Thermal Pad didn't exactly work up to specifications :rolleyes:

Just wanted to say thanks for all your help, I really appreciated it.

Now does anyone know why I can't get my PC to boot from the CD-ROM? Because when I'm in BIOS I change it so the PC will boot from CDROM 1st, but then when it reboots, it doesn't load anything up, so I'm confused.

Thanks,
Auman

Cangratulations on keeping your system on. I'm surprised by the result but it's not the first time I've learned something from someone elses build. I'd keep an eye on the CPU temp. I'd be a littlle concerned about the need to go beyond the standard heat-sink pad...

As for booting from the CDROM: I assume you've changed the BIOS setting to boot from CDROM and that you have a bootable (windows 2000, XP, recent Linux or Solaris disk). Note also, that you will get a message "press any key to boot from CDROM..." and there is about a 10 second opportunity. You can't just turn on the system and walk away withouth confirming the CDROM boot.

Make sure your BIOS recognizes that you have CDROM and the CDROM is isntalled properly. Again, since you tacked the whole system together at one time, you might find some more miscues.

Well actually I can get the PC to boot from the CD ROM now and it will start to load Windows setup, but it won't start because it isn't recognizing the HDD.

It did, until I switched the cables of the HDD and the CDROM. Because a guy that was trouble shooting with me over MSN said that the red RAID socket on my MB was an optical drive for CD ROMs but a HDD could go in there. So I switched them around, and now like when I go into the RAID setup it sees the HDD, but when I go into BIOS it has the ROM as Master, and I can't get the HDD to show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom