BSOD's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
Aright, I've gotten like 6 or so blue screens with various messages, none of which I can catch because the computer restarts right after it shows it.

This is going to be a rather noobish question, buuuut has anyone experienced this kind of instable crap from a windows corruption? I'm thinking I'm going to have to format....again..just did it like 3 weeks ago. My sound went all fuzzy in a game, I quit it, comp froze, restart, no sound, restart sound, load game, fuzz and freeze again, restart, fuzz on windows startup sound, restart, BSOD here, restart, BSOD there, blah blah blah. Right now I caught a glimpse while trying to reinstall mobo drivers. "Thread was trying to give out a resource it did not own" or something like that.

Point being, does this sound like something a format would fix. I've tested my RAM, no errors, my sound card is fine, and now the computer is highly unstable, yet not due to an OC instability or something like that. This is purely windows. Quite bummed at this point.

Go to System properties>advanced>startup and recovery>settings and uncheck the 'automatically restart' option. That'll give you chance to make a note of the bugger.

Nubius are you using SP2? I don't know, but I've heard people having nothing but trouble with that thing (unless you install it after a fresh format)...

Also, there's HD diagnostics out there, I'd get hold of one and test your drive for errors...

EDIT: Have you updated your BIOS?

I don't have SP2 installed. I've also heard quite a few people having troubles with it so I've never bothered. That's not to say people haven't had perfectly fine experiences with it, but considering I OC and get instabilities and restarts while doing that, it generally corrupts my system ( as we can see ) without a SP that also might cause trouble.

Also my BIOS is a custom BIOS, I've tried like 5+ versions and this one has been the best thus far allowing me to reach higher FSB's

I'll uncheck the automatic restart, and WD actually has an online HD Diagnostic program for their drives so I'll give that a go.

Thanks doom

Ok well it's one thing right after another. Now my CD-burner and DVD-ROM aren't showing up in my computer. They are there in the BIOS...soo yeah I'm just gonna format :(

Great...upon trying to format my computer..while it was copying the SATA files. it gave me this error

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x00000024 (0x001902FA, 0xF73ADF8C, 0xF73ADC8C, 0x7745C711)

And I can't use Dos based HD diagnostics because I only know of ones for testing IDE drives and this is SATA.

So yeah needless to say this is getting ridiculous.

From what I've gathered that's showing hard drive corruption....which is just jim dandy being that this is actually a replacement hard drive for one that I've already RMA'd.

is there any info under the stop error??? usually there is:

somefilename - address blahblahblah base at blah, timestamp blah

that would be useful if you have it ;)

dont know if writing zeros would help on this, but maybe something to try...

Nubius, just a thought....

If this is the second HD you've had that's looking faulty, might be worth trying a different SATA cable first before sending drive back.
Dunno how robust sata cables are but could be worth checking anyway.

That technical info is all it gave. Beyond that it just said the normal

"If this is the first time this has happened, simply restart, if not..blah blah blah, Chkdsk for errors"

And that technical info is the only info it really had.

Upon trying to format again I got a new blue screen YAY

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Technical Info:

*** STOP: 0x00000000A (0x00000004, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x807ED2DA)

Nubius, just a thought....

If this is the second HD you've had that's looking faulty, might be worth trying a different SATA cable first before sending drive back.
Dunno how robust sata cables are but could be worth checking anyway.
Worth a shot. I'll throw in a spare I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom