Hadrd drive ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerXero

In Runtime
Hard drive ??

Can a Standard ata100 hard drive be setup to run as a raid ?

I have the IDE 3 connector , but in the book it says its an ata 133 ide .

Well Im asking after I accually tried it , It got to the windows xp pro screen and just sat there with the little blue bean going accross the screen , it never got past that , maybe I didnt wait long enough but when I switched it back to the IDE 1 it booted up as normal .

It was just a thought , becouse I couldnt get my old hard drive to work on the same cable as my new one , so now im running my old HD with the cd rom drive as the master and it boots and seems to work fine . but now I cant put another cd drive in and had to move my cd drive down to the bottom slots for such drives closer to the HD bays wich is not what I want becouse now everything is all clutterd together and im sure its gonna make for a heat problem . and I wanted my cd drive at the top of the case.

Another thing is , when I went into the raid setup screen , it asked me a couple questions such as do I want to setup and initalize but when i said yes to that it told me i would lose all info on the drive , so i just chose the option to set it without initalizeing . Do you have to format the hard drive to set it as a raid?

Oh , lol , see I learn somthing new everyday , I did not know that, lol , anywho , do the 2 hard drives have to be ATA 133 or can you take 2 ATA 100 and run those in raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom