W XP and USB MOUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

salva72

Beta member
WEBSCROLL+ MOUSE PROBLEM AND WINDOWS XP

I have a webscroll+ Genius mouse and a notebook with an intel 845 motherboard, Pentium 4, 256 Mbytes of Ram and Windows XP. The problem is that after installing and reinstalling many times the mouse driver I have always to disconnect and connect back again the USB mouse in order to be able to use it after booting the Windows, it seems the operating system loose every time I switch off the machine the configuration of the plugged mouse. I downloaded the latest drivers from the official web page but nothing has changed. Do you know how can I solve these problem pleassse?

Heh.. happens on my laptop too :mad:

Try turning off the trackpad (or other onboard pointing device)... it seems to work for me.. there should be an option in the BIOS (check with your manufacturer for information on how to enter BIOS setup, or watch for instructions when you first power up your machine)

I have tried to chenge anything in the Phoenix 4.0 Release 6.0 BIOS of my "made in taiwan" notebook but, there is nothing on it that may alter the configuration of the trackpad...also I put in the Bios a new way of loading XP with the

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional No PS/2" /NoSerialMice

and also

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional No PS/2" /NoSerialMice:com1

in order to see if XP disables the trackpad.. but nothing happens...

Anyone know a program like in the Acer notebooks or any other to disable it when the USB mouse is connected?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom