Computer almost ready, Nervous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hecubus28

Baseband Member
Well, Just got everything with my new comp put together except for the processor and memory, This should arrive today at 10:00 this morning, Spent about 5 hours putting the comp together so far (sleeving the power supply and hiding wires), Now im nervous as all hell that this thing wont boot when I plug it in.

Anyone else get like this right before they turn on a comp for the first time?

yea course. think most ppl are wen theyve just spend a small fortune on their parts no1 wants to have the feeling they wasted their money. i have my cpu about 5 days before the rest of my system and i didnt dare touch te box it was in at any point in that time, but on the day before i caught it with my coat and sent it flying off my desk onto the floor. thankfully it was ok

The best of luck Hecubus28 :) Hope that beast will run like a dream for you- don't forget to post your benchmarks scores!

man i hate it when stuff like that happens, dead out of the box. then you got to RMA and got to wait like another week.

My older computer I have now when I first built it the motherboard was dead out of the box.. Guess that might be why im a little nervous now.

When i built my PC

BIOS was corrupted out of the box, every second time it turned on, it corrupted itself.

After about 10 hours, i reflashed the bios, and working perfectly

Alright, Just got windows installed. Had a few problems, First my floppy drive started smoking as soon as I powered it on for the frist time.. That scared the crap out of me. Turned it off really fast. Then I rebooted, Was not getting a signal from the monitor. Played with a few things for a hour or so, one of the memory sticks was not seated good. I was surprised I was able to install windows on my SATA drive without a floppy.

yup...i'm always like that when i get new parts.....i hate it

i'm not like that with old parts though....i just get mad when it doesn't start up cause i know they already work hahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom