Possible upgrade, need tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoomUK

Daemon Poster
OK guys, apologies for a seemingly newbie-ish question, but I'll get right to the point:-

Sometime in the near future I'm looking towards a bit of an upgrade (see sig)- a new CPU (AMD 64 3200+ S939) and MoBo (too early to decide this one, but possibly an Asus A8V Deluxe). Now, once everything is installed (w/ jumpers set and BIOS configured...) would you recommend a fresh format, and thus install the chipset drivers from fresh? Or do you think there's any chance I'd get away with just removing & updating the neccessary drivers?

Thanks in advance.

Defiantly do a fresh install

Take a look at the new nforce PCI-E lanparty boards, got an a8v a few months ago, just too bad no s939 DFI Lanparty's were out

DJ-CHRIS said:
Defiantly do a fresh install

Take a look at the new nforce PCI-E lanparty boards, got an a8v a few months ago, just too bad no s939 DFI Lanparty's were out

I'm only looking for a modest upgrade, at around £200. You know, an FX-55 and two SLI'd 6800 Ultra's would be nice, but a) I can't afford it, and b) I'd still probably need to upgrade for Unreal 3's presence anyway :D :cool: ...

you could get away with not formatting, but i wouldnt advise it. you'd have to go in and repair a bunch of windows files. besides, w/ a clean format, you'll get better preformance.

Thanks guys, that's what I thought I should do *groan*, I just wondered if the was anyone out there who got away without formatting. Oh well.

DoomUK said:
Thanks guys, that's what I thought I should do *groan*, I just wondered if the was anyone out there who got away without formatting. Oh well.

Ive had computers boot many times from another PC and i put it in here. But that's when im too lazy to use a floppy disk to format a PC most of the time though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom