help choosing: MSI K8t NEo-FSR or Chaintech nforce3 250?

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfractusAnimus

Beta member
I am building a new computer from scratch, and I am on a very tight budget. I am getting a socket 754 Athlon 64 3400+ (newcastle) and I would like to know which motherboard I should go with, MSI K8t Neo-Fsr or Chaintech NForce3 250? It has to be under $80 and these are the ones I've found with the best reviews. I know I should get a Socket 939 but I don't have the money, so don't bring it up. :p
I don't know entirely too much about motherboards so I just would like to know which would be the better buy? or if you could suggest a motherboard that would be better and still be really cheap that would be great,
thanks

Both motherboards seem to have very similar features. If i was going to purchase one of these boards, i would get the Chaintech NForce3 250. Basically it's cheaper at new egg.

I hope your build goes well. :)

I highly recommend getting a socket 939 since your builting something new, rather then upgrading. But for your original question, i would go with the MSI. But either are fine.

well the thing is, a lot of sites i've read have refered to the nforce3 250 as a second generation chipset, and the k8t800 as a first-generation. I'm wondering if there would be some sort of performance increase or if they are just talking about features? i've never heard of the chaintech board but i've heard lots of good things about the neo-fsr

I would suggest MSI as chaintech is somewhat iffy. I have their video card. First one had to be RMA'd and it took a couple attempts to contact them before they responded so their tech support is kinda of 'ehhhh'

MSI seems to be on the ball more.

If you can I'd suggest checking out some ABit boards. Really good stuff IMO

I recomend trying a socket 939 approach, for even a few more dollars (20$) you can get PCI-E boards from DFI and the MSN Neo 2's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom