Beta member
I just put together my computer:

Soltek SL-K8TPRO-939
AMD 64 3000+
Ati radeon 9600 xt
Antex 430w true power supply
Maxtor 60 GB HD
DVD Rom and a floppy

Anyway, when I turn the computer on the monitor gets a signal from the computer for about a second. Then i loses the signal. I thought it might be the video card but other cards had the same problem. The motherboard has a debug LED which says FF, boot mode. Everything powers on (fan, cdrom, etc.) The motherboard seems to be working. Is there a jumper that may need to be switched? could it possibly be a bad cpu? Thanks for the help

What exactly appears on the monitor? Just flashes on for a sec?

If so check and see if the monitor cord is connected properlty.

Normally when them computer is off the monitor displays "No signal". then when you turn the monitor on the "no Signal" goes away and the computer continues to boot and the monitor shows it booting. By the way this monitor was fine with my old computer.

Now what happens when I turn on my new computer the "No Signal" goes away for a second. Then it comes back showing "No Signal." It's like for a split second the moniter gets a signal then loses it.

Another thing. When the Dvd rom and Floppy drive are connected to the motherboard. Their indicator lights remain on, they do not flash or anything

LOL at OCgod...Yeah, you said that the LED on the motherboard is lighted ? If its not, and this problem keeps hapening, you might have fried your motherboard...:/

wolffc said:
Another thing. When the Dvd rom and Floppy drive are connected to the motherboard. Their indicator lights remain on, they do not flash or anything

CD rom and floppy lights remaining? hmm you may have your cable in the wrong way flip them and see if it fixes that, and for your monitor problem make sure your video card is securly put in its pci/agp slot and screwd down at its shoulder

I just found a couple of other forums were people had this problem. The sent it pack to newegg and got it replaced. I am sending it pack today. Hopefully a new one will work. The motherboard was not fried, the debug led and memory light were both on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom