Cell processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wanna get a ps2 because the games are just so much better than PC games... theyre a crapload more expensive than pc games, but i think it would be worth it- its just so much better on ps2

Thats false info 4.6ghz that "cell" chip is suppoesed to be optimised to run at an acurate rate of 4.06 ghz. And I still wonder how intel will come up for a stronger processor for XBOX. Like I say on other forums a small poem

Amd rocks,
intel sucks,
ps2 rulez
xbox defeated
not to defeat
Sony rulez
go get a life
XBOX crew

Any ways lol that will be intrestinng to see how much more louder the xbox will become after the new chip. I also heard a rumor that the first 5k or so XBOX's made back on 01' had a problem when they overheated the system would simply shut off with out letting the fan startup. Anyone plz clarify

OH god well Im not saying xbox really sucks but I surely dislike intels but i can say this is going to be one great E# show this year right?

AT2005 said:
also heard a rumor that the first 5k or so XBOX's made back on 01' had a problem when they overheated the system would simply shut off with out letting the fan startup. Anyone plz clarify

confirmed...my friend Dillian's XBOX caught fire and blew. and my sisters first XBOX also blew due to heat...lots of them have this problem

well thank you its just like how the first verions of the ps2 have that damn Disk read error

Ya didnt know that since i dont cheer the opposers, but its not like ati is as good as Nvidia, Nvidia has much more better aspects than some ati.

And is it me or is it that a radeon 9800pro price goes up about 5 dollers a month?

heh, ati probably goes up per month. wouldn't doubt that. I myself prefer the xbox to the other consols, but I dont think of them as sucking. looking at the leaked specs on the xbox xenon, it's pretty impressive how the hardware interacts. Much more like a Mac instead of a windows based system. Find that VERY weird, considering the hate I would think exists between the two companies, but perhaps I'm wrong about that. Anyhow, alot of the hardware architecture is built off of the powerpc architecture (VERY powerful) and also implements the multi-core processor, each running at 3.x GHz per processor, each processor has 2 L1 caches. One is instruction cache and one is data cache. Then the GPU has direct access to the L2 and conventional memory at the SAME time. Many other things not yet released that I can't wait to find out about. Also, from what I understand the ATI architecture is ready for next generation DX, even though its rumored that DX9 will be the standard for many years (they haven't even touched the full potential of DX9, and this is ready for 10... or whatever they'll call it). Need to get me another PS2, though. Damn thing broke on me :( and my XBox is going out, too... still have my 'puter though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom