Dvd+r Vs. Dvd+_rw???

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this helps:

Use DVD Shrink to make backups of your DVDs onto single layer discs. This allows you to cut out parts of the movie you don't need to make more space. (Director's comment, language packs, etc..)

DVD Decrypter will allow you to decrypt some DVDs that DVD Shrink can not, remove the copyright protection, and allow you to burn it to a disc.

However, I hear that DVD Decrypter also allows easy copies of movies to dual layer discs, without much effort and no need for compression.

What have you guys heard about this? Anyone tried it?

Dual layer media is too expensive right now to bother with.

We need to thank the folks at DVD X-copy for going through a lot of litigation for our rights to backup our own DVDs.
It was not the fact they made it so we could make copies of our own DVDs, they basically got into trouble because they made it so the copyright protection was able to be removed.

That is where the MPAA got pissed :mad: DOH!!

i DO have a DL burner, but really never done anything with DL. I'm failry new with DVD burning anyways, and i really dont have any interest in DL burning. especially since DL discs are $10 a pop!!!

I find DVD single-layer media cheap all the time. I have been using TDK DVD +Rs for about everyting.

A friend of mine recently found some Memorex brand at comp usa; 100 8X DVD +Rs for $40. on special of course - That is about half off.

+R is not DL!! DL is a special very expensive disc. Theres no way you will find those cheap. I use DVD+Rs also- Khypermedia and Office Depot brand lol its cheap, but works!!

Pilotwings119 said:
+R is not DL!! DL is a special very expensive disc. Theres no way you will find those cheap. I use DVD+Rs also- Khypermedia and Office Depot brand lol its cheap, but works!!
I was referring to all single-layer media before, not DL. :)

I figure at least another year before dual-layer discs start to become affordable.

Thanks for the info; I have to put an order in to new egg tonight, so I will check those out and let you all know how they go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom