HELP hard drive mirroring

Status
Not open for further replies.

cerberus98

Baseband Member
Hi
just wanted to ask a question is there anyway in which i can create and exact replica of my primary HArd drive onto another hard drive. i ask this because my hard drive is starting to make some funny sounds. i want to copy everything as it is as i have spent alot of time getting the settings right for everything and dont want to have to do it again. i dont really wont to do a clean install on the new drive and was just wondering if there is anyway around doing that.

Thanking everyone in advance:eek:

I think Nortan or Symentec make a Hard Drive cloner or if you have a DVD RW burner capable of burning Dual Layer CD's then you should be able to burn all your OS info software and settings onto the the CD

Thanks i found one by norton called norton ghost but i found some sites where they have done a comparison between NOrton ghost and a program called Acronis True Image and True image seems to be the better one. Thanks anyway for giving me a place to start

I would go with the name brand on something as critical as this. Plus you have tech support

thanking you to both of you for the help. I havent decided on what to go with yet (depending on $$$) also i was wondering about what brand of hard drive to get im looking for something in the 80 - 120 gb range and was wondering what brands were the best for reliablity and price

Oh Seagate and Western Digital are great vendors, Maxtor used to be good but they have some huge prblems with their top line 60 gig to 450 gig hdd. Such as the decoder were fried during the manufacturer process and SCSI drives dont work when formatted. But I can back that up cause ive had to return about 26 drives in the last year because of maxtor grrrrrrrrrrr

Hellll no because of me they took 32 hard drives off the shelfes, but trust me maxtor used to be king, in fact I have an old 20 gig maxtor on my sons pc its ATA/100 and its great quality but they started getting worse around 2002

In 2001 i had a maxtor keep failing and passing SMART randomly. IMO their garbage, cept their 16 mb cache ones if your running them in raid 1 (need the reliability)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom