Dual channel ram Not reading right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

socom2playa

In Runtime
Hi, im using OCZ PC 3200 2 x 256mb dual channel platinum edition, if you notice in the pic below it say im using a single channel.Does anyone know why, and what i can d?

cpuz-memory.JPG

Are you sure that mobo supports dual channel? I looked it up and it didn't look like it. The mobo controls dual channel. Memory is only rated at being able to run in dual channel mode.

Yes they are running independantly. Those dual channel rams have specific Memory slots. They have 2 sets of 1 color and 2 sets of another so be it green and yellow spread by distiance see diagram

green | yellow|green|yellow

Thats how it works. And your mobo doesnt support it and if I were you tke those ram stick back because you blew alot of $$ on something you really cant take advantage of.

AT2005 said:
Yes they are running independantly. Those dual channel rams have specific Memory slots. They have 2 sets of 1 color and 2 sets of another so be it green and yellow spread by distiance see diagram

green | yellow|green|yellow

Thats how it works. And your mobo doesnt support it and if I were you tke those ram stick back because you blew alot of $$ on something you really cant take advantage of.

A friend built this computer for me for $300 with the sony flat panel, So im not worried about the money, Im just dissapointed i cant get the full potential from my memory.

It's the mobo and the processor that aren't supporting it. That's why people always suggest going to Socket 939 and not 754 because 939 supports dual channel plus AMD will keep it up to date and continue supporting it unlike 754

Nubius said:
It's the mobo and the processor that aren't supporting it. That's why people always suggest going to Socket 939 and not 754 because 939 supports dual channel plus AMD will keep it up to date and continue supporting it unlike 754

Yes that too, I would go with AMD because I support it for gaming. And its the most desired socket by my clients. Which are gaming frieks, jk lol. You could always sell it as refurbished to a store they probably might give you 65% back on it. Its kind of a shame too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom