Gigabyte 6600GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
try the vantec spectrum fancard. it pushes a good amount of air and even looks pretty good with some leds. could be just what the doctor ordered for your overheating card.

aj2003... seriously dude dont take the heatsink off... am really regretting it now... i cleaned off the original heatpad & replaced with thermal grease... but now I was just playing NFSU2 maxed out (which I have never had problems with before... after 15mins it started artifacting and when i came back into windows the temp was 103c thats right 103... bloody hell... i dont know what to do now :(

edit just set a record....the idle temp got down to 63c... i though theres a small improvement... i'll try NFSU2 again... well this time when it started artifacting i came straight out and looked at the temp 113c one hundred and thirteen degrees centigrade.... :( i think i have wrecked the cooling by fiddling with it!

Make sure you didn't put to much grease on the card b/c that will actually raise the temp instead of lowering it due to the fact that it causes a larger gap between the card and the heatsink. I did this with my cpu. Remove the heatsink again and apply a small amount and smooth it out with a business card of something of that nature. Don't worry, your card isn't ruined by no means.

good lord man, 103C!! Thats 217F, water would boil on that thing...

Get some electrical tape and wrap an 80mm fan on that thing :p

gonna turn off my pc and go to sleep now... i just took the card apart again and tried using less grease... now its idling at 72c

i just cant get this right... got its idle down to 63c, but then it reached 113c while gaming..

now its idling at 73c

before i messed with the cooling it idled at 66c and hit 93c when gaming...

bah to turn back the clocks...

I will have a proper look tomorrow after work!

Yeah, I always find I have better luck after screwin with somethin after just puttin it down and workin on it the next day.

god hard luck mate. is there any need for the heatsink on the other side of the card or is it just there for the extra surface area? just most artic cooling cards are only one sided i think. think il leave mine on for now if thats the kinda problem your havin after i would try wat nubius sed about using sum stick tape on a fan even if its just a short term remidy then maybes u can play ur games and wel can hope there is a artic cooler out soon :(

gigabyte is very very very very poor for their support.....i've asked them twice about my motherboard because it's sayin' that i don't get features, yet their site does.....about a month later, they gave me a worthless responce too......."go download our drivers"....humm......

reseated the heatsink again after work today... played NFSU2 for an hour with no sign of artifacting... however when I exited NFSU2 the temp was at 105c.... so i still have a problem. Have read online somewhere that I may have to let my new thermal grease settle for a day or two.. so am going to do that and see what happens.

If there is no change then I am going to buy this... its under £25

Thermaltake Extreme Giant III
http://www.thermaltake.com/coolers/chipset/a1919.htm

I think I may buy it here (only place I have found it in the UK so far)
http://www.planetmicro.co.uk/product_info.asp?stockcode=M003949&source=kelkoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom