side fan added to my Lian Li case

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike11973

In Runtime
So I purchaed the tower 112 last week or so and also purchased a coolermaster aerogate3 to control the loud a$$ vantec volcano's that I purchased but didnt have any 4 to 3 pin adapters which I ended up purchasing online...Nubius I would have used your link but They were out at the time and also their adapters were for power only and didnt have the rpm wire so I ended up going with another company out of north carolina....Anyways I recieved them today....since i purchased 2 Tornado's and can only fit 1 on my Tower112 in my case I decided to add a long overdue side case fan....I resoursed some pimps at This site and made a home depot run to purchase a 76mm(3") hole cutting adapter along with some scrap wood to keep from drillin into my floor....I took it nice and slow and ended up with a nice lookin hole to mount the fan in. I also added the other vantec tornado to the tower to replace the old Tt fan that came off of my extreme volcano 12 heatsink. Bottom line....With the fans up full blast (Loud ass hell) I am running temps of 19-20c case and 32-33 idle and 22 load case temps and 38-39 load....I use the fans at only 3000 rpm so they are nice and quiet for daily settings and have nice respectable temps for being on air. So here are some before and after pics.

this is the before

pcsidebeforemod6bv.jpg

as you can see in the pic above I placed the fan in such a way as to also hit the gpu as well as feed the tower fan with fresh air.

newfanmod36wx.jpg

total case fans are 2 in front+ 1 top blowhole+ 2 in the back+ 1 in hte side= 6 total not including the tower fan.

Damn dude, look sweet....I have a feeling you'll get better temps than me even with my water lol :p

You did a nice job though, looks like it came with the case. But yeah I bet that thing is freakin loud at full blast, that's why i went to watercooling, got tired of the whine from the tornado after a while :)

Your case looks nice and neat. I might hopefully have some pics of my case and water cooling set up tonight if I can get my friend over here, lol, the wires aren't as bad as my previous case, but still not as good as yours.

I want to set this thing up already but a lot of people want pics so I'm waiting to bring my friend over since he can borrow his little bros camera, I almost just want to say screw you guys and just hook it up already :p I've waited long enough.

Thanks Nubius...I was nervous about drillin the plexiglass in case I cracked it but it worked well....People told me at a few other forums that the Lian Li's are pretty mod friendly anyways. As for the wire management...I appreciate it...it definitely did take some patience and alot of time to work it even to the state it is at. I definitely look forward to seeing your rig once the h2o us up and running....I'm sure it will be sweet. I dont know how you have even waited this long...lol....I know it has to definitely be killin you with the anticipation.

I know it has to definitely be killin you with the anticipation.
Yup...lol....I mounted a 3rd 120mm on the Radiator setup. It's got 2 120mm's in the front..then the 3rd one is in the back pulling the air through. Although my dad made the point, that I shoulda put the fan at the back...because there's more CFM going in than out which means the air would have to wait in the middle before being removed..so sometime down the road I'm going to have to get a 4th and slap it on the back to ensure the air is moving smoothly like it should.....although I think with 4 120mm fans my quest for 'quieter' will be somewhat killed.

I'll have a total of 3 front fans, 1 top exhaust, 2 in the side and 3 120mm's in the rad, possibly 4 down the road.

I now have a spare tornado sittin around :p definitely not gonna put it in this case though as that'd defeat the whole purpose of me getting this kit to take that thing out.

Also got my thermal probe I bought like a month ago in there. Got it for the NB. With a little wire hiding and whatnot I got the read out on the case with some velcro.

Like I said I think I just may have to hook it up. Don't think I can wait to bring him over. Besides I can just hook it up, then get pics of it up and running and whatnot.

agreed! Get it going Nubius....Your dad definitely has a valid point....you have to have "balanced" airflow or the air will sit longer and the thermal transfer wont be as effective as it could....with h2o I think the flow of the h2o definitely has a critical role as well along with the rad(s) in which you are more than good. So get it going and just get the up and running pics of it posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom