Upgrading my Computer, Need help choosing Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait replace or just get better stuff? I was thinking getting 512 more so I'd have 1280 total.

I just re-configured my list according to the help I've gotten and I'll post in a few minutes.

Definately get the PCI-E 6600GT by eVGA. 512mb is bare minimum I would get if building a new rig. You should get 1gig of PC-3200. As for the processor, if you are gaming the AMD64 3000+ will be good, will OC good also. But if you can afford get the 3200+ so get a x10 multiplier.

Edit: Also, don't make the mistake I did and settle for a shitty PSU. As you see in my rig, I have good parts but they have no OC potential right now due to the fact that my PSU can't deliver them the power needed. :mad:

Ok so I'm looking at getting...

-Corsair Valueselect RAM (2 x 512) KEEP IN MIND I already have 768 of ram

-AMD 64 3200+ Winchester Socket 939

-eVga 6600gt 128 mb PCI-X

-MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum Ultra chipset Socket 939

As you can see I'm heavily relying on your guys' input so PLEASE try and give me the most unbiased opinions possible.

EDIT: Well I've got a 450w PSU right now that came with my Broadway case:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-162-012&depa=1

What is the current speed of your memory?

First of all, 1024mb is a perfect amount right now, you don't need any more, or any less. In reality, having too much RAM can actually slow down performance of a system because your system has to account for more memory.

Also, if you are buying PC3200 and have lower speed memory, the faster memory will be underclocked to the slower memory which makes the faster memory pretty much a waste of memory.

That psu is merely ok. 18A on the +12v rail. Better than mine with 12A on the +12v rail. Yea, think you meant 6600gt and not 6800gt. If you did mean 6800gt get 256mb GDDR3 not 128mb version.

Whoops..yeah it's 6600. I actually wan't planning on overclocking. At least for a month or two/until I get enough money to pay for a high(er) end heat sink.

Can someone give me a specific 256 mb RAM I should get? Nothing over like 50 though...I was thinking of the CORSAIR MEMORY XMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom