What RAM do you prefer with OC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codeine

Fully Optimized
I havent gave it much thought, although their is a few different kinds of RAM im thinking about buying. All i need is RAM/Monitor/Video card. At the ending of this month im borrowing 1000$ from a family member so i can completely finish my rig, and start OC that baby with you guys. Just today i got a second fan controler and my 7th 120mm fan from frozencpu. So my cooling system is 95% complete.

What do you guys consider being the best RAM for OC?? Oh, yeah i just took some pictures of my case MODD's. I still have to install a few more fans, but i'll post them up once i figure it out : )

looks like a nice case. anyway i have corsair xms which is fast but i hear g skill overclocks extremely well so you may wanna give that a shot.

Yeah, G skill does sound pretty cool. I like thr XMS too. I dont know how to send more then 1 pic at a time. So im gonna send them everytime i post, rather then spamming 8 post per pic. Heres a MODD that was just my case.

Attachments

• shark3.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 37
G.Skill compared to XMS is almost no comparison (IMO). the G.Skill is TCCD and will FLY on a 3500 939 system, XMS is older and made to run on AXP systems really with like a NF2 chipset. I havent seen any XMS kit hit DDR660 speeds.

Yeah what 4W4K3 said. Contrary to popular belief corsair isn't the greatest RAM out there. Especially when it comes to Overclocking.

Patriot
PQI
G.Skill
OCZ Platinums Rev2
TwinMOS

Are all top OC'ers.

http://www.legitreviews.com/article.php?aid=53

read that article so you know what to look for in RAM sticks.

Also check this thread:
http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39313

Guy posted a thing from another forum that has a list of RAM containing TCCDs, BH-5s, BH-6s, brainpower PCB, things like that.

4W4K3, yeah your rite, hella different. Im gonna go with G Skill. Icant wait intil the ending of the month My computer should be finsihed within a month.

Hey now, don't bash my XMS ! I like it just fine. It isn't the best but it works pretty damn well for me at stock speeds. I'll OC it soon and let yall know how that goes.

I run G.SKill and have daily error free settings fo 250*10 on a socket A...lol....if I was runnin a 939 and a msi neo2 mobo I would probrably be hittin 300+ fsb with my LA ram pretty easily unless I got a bum chip or mobo. I agree with Nubius's list....they are all good choices.

Hell I wish my freakin game would stop erroring even as low as 215FSB...lame I tell ya. Haven't thoroughly tested various games though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom