Who has liquid cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
jolancer said:
note- if anyone else just read HIM's post, uv just waisted a minute of your life.

most of his post is obviousely rong, but if anyone wonts an explanation in particular, i can provide it appon request, but im not gana waist time typing if no one actually cares.

note to HIM - your system isnt overheating cause of vapor lock, its overheating because someone dosent know how to propperly cool it.

Man, you are a jerk. Toally, through and through. My system isnt over heating cuz I dont know what I'm doing, as it is now working. If I didnt know what I was doing, dont you think it would still be not working properly?

I would like an explanation as to why everything I said is wrong. You said you wanted someone who has already gone through all of this to post the facts to make life simpler. I have done this, and have had water cooling for a while. What else would you like to know? I've messed with water cooling, you havent. So how the hell can you sit there and tell me everything I said is wrong if you dont even klnow what the hell your doing? You didnt even know what purpose a water cooling system served, so how can you sit there and be so condascending?

Try not to be such an asshole.

Nubius said:
Don't know...air gets in there when you fill it up of course, but I really couldn't answer that. I just know though you have to clean it out every 6 months or so, that's what I've read from various liquid cooling experts although they never specifically said why.

In some instances the water blocks were copper and the tops to close em were aluminum and due to the water, it caused galvanic action and that created gunky build up and the metals to corrode.

On mine, which I've had up probably for nearly six months, has little floaty things in it. I posted another post asking what they were, but noone knew. Just the things that occur, which is why it needs to be cleaned every 6 months or so. I didnt know that it should be cleaned every so often, but it makes sense. Probably when I clean it I will get much better waterflow and cooling.

Or coolant to put into the water system so it cools more efficiently? If it is the latter of the two, it is just an additive to piut into the distilled water. And for the coolant, it is just regular old car antifreeze. You can use distilled water that you get a gallon for a buck for and a bottle of antifreeze that cost 5 bucks a gallon to acheive the same effect. It's just the generic way, its like taking generic prescriptions instead of the name brand ones.
since i obviously dont have a water cooler for the pc, i dont know what the liquid content is that comes with it. but i do have a car, and coolant is put in a car to raise the boiling point of the liquid. so instead of overheating your car at 212*F it will have to surpass, ramdom ex.- 240F to overheat.

so if a cpu runs somewere between 30 to 50*C, why would u add coolant? coolant will raise the boiling point, raising system temperatur at the same time. if u live in alaska, and your computer's water cooler is exposed to temps below 0*C, then adding antifreez/coolant is a good idea.
And you do have to worry about vapor lock, since it is a cooling system. Dont you have to worry about vapor lock in any other water system?
No, u have to boil the liquid in the pipes of the system to cause vapor in the first place. if a cpu at its hottest runs maybe ex.- 70*C, thats still not hot enough to boil just water. and u need a pressurized system inorder for 'vapor' to cause a 'lock'. i dont see any indication that the pc watercooler is pressurized.
------------------------------------------------
your commont about my AC cooling idea is just flat out rong.

You still have yet to tell me why it is flat out rong. Be nice if you spelled right too, cannot understand what the hell you mean when you dont type it right.

And I dont know why you put coolant in there, but your suppose to. Dont try to be an asshole and fine something wrong with everything I say. you are suppose to put coolant in the system. For example, in my system, it calls for 7 parts water to 1 part coolant.

Let me reiterate... Try not to be so much of an asshole.

lol HIM, dont take things so personal.

just 1 question... what are the 12 case fans for, if u have watercooling?

Jolancer, the 'coolant' was just the liquid to put in there, it's obviously not going to be the same as a cars coolant.

This is what it says on the bottle:

Coolant
> Application:
The functions of coolant include water quality leveling, anti-freeze, anti-rusting, and water scale reducing. Coolant can reduce temperature of system effectively and further enhances the thermal efficieny entirely.

If you had just distilled water you'd need to add in those anti-freeze, anti-rust, and for that matter algae prevention as I've seen that in some liquid cooling horror story pics.

Either way, quit bashing each other and hijackin my thread dernit!

Older watercooling used radiator fluid for the anticorosives in it. It actually lowers the effectiveness of the water. Newer 'coolant' is designed for the specific application of computers, cools better then the traditional water/rad fluid mix, costs more too.

Your correct in the fact that vapor does not form in a water cooling setup. However, air does in fact exsist in water, which is why air forms inside the lines. I never experienced a 'air lock' or whatever you want to call it, but I did notice air would get stuck in my radiator, eventually would reach the outlet tube, and then bubble out into my reservoir. I've heard of alot of people with this problem, alot of them attach a T to the highest point run a tube to the top of the computer with a valve on top, and they just let the air out occationally.

In every setup I've seen with that little extra bit of hose with the T line was to act somewhat like a reservoir and for easy filling and emptying for when you need to flush the system.. It'll bleed the line rather easily too.

I haven't heard of anyone needing to let any air out of a tube, but on that same point I'm not saying that it's never needed, just never read about it.

if u have 2 T-valves, 1 on the top, and 1 on the bottom... no reservoir... fill it threw the bottom with ice cold distilled water untill u get no air bubbles, just steady water coming out the top... shut both valves and let it warm up to room temp. u think air bubbles would still form, when the systems running? because if its ice cold when u fill it, the warmer it gets, the more pressurized it gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom