STFU Sound. No please don't....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabetic

Daemon Poster
Once again folks i return to this forum filled with all you tech guru's, bless you, with an Audio based propblem.

Ok, heres the deal. A couple of months ago i had to buy a new headset cause my old one lost sound in one earphone. Now, a new pair, made by the same company (GAME) but a different model is doing the same! Sound crackles, sometimes sound drops out of one ear and it goes fully mute when i move my chair a bit away from the PC (even though the Headphones are connected via a cable)

Any ideas on why this is happening? Is it just a dodgy piece of gear or is something wrong with my comp.

hmmmm, maybe GAME just make shite headsets. Either way i'm pissed off cause i got a CS:S clan match soon, and i need my headset working!

- Cheers all

GAME? Never heard of that company. Yea, try it in a diff comp. ANd next time, buy Logitech.

clean the jack and socket with some alcohol (not beer, proper cleaning stuff) and a cotton bud this should stop the crackling and noise loss... i had to do this to an old guitar amp once that had the same problems... it worked fine afterwords... turn your pc off first thou!!! :)

But when i use other headphones the cracklings stops and sound is good.... anything i can do to the headset itself?

EDIT: Just tried with 2 pairs of headphones now, both work fine (even tho their old and of poor quality)

clean the jack on your new headphones...

when I used to change cables for my guitar on my old amp the problem would dissapear, then re-emerge after a while... i bought like 5 cables before i realised that i just had to clean the jacks...

of course this might not be the problem, you may have a loose wire in the headphones... perhaps you have twisted them, or maybe GAME products arent built to a very high standard!

I would just put a new end on it, not very hard.

I would also clean both the computer and headphone jacks first though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom