New Computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Therock

In Runtime
I'm thinking of buying a cheap gaming computer. I have about $750 to spend and I've been searching for a comp that will satisfy my demands. Of course, I didn't find a perfect one, but with some upgrades it should be decent. I was thinkin of Dell's Dimension 4700 with 3.0GHz PCU, 1GB of RAM and RADEON 9600 256MB video card. You guys think it will be good enough for a game computer? Thanks for help.

get amd, it is much better for gaming. and it is also a little cheaper than intel here are some specs

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ / $165
Asus K8V deluxe / $129
GIGABYTE nVIDIA GeForce 6600GT Video /$188
Seagate 200GB 7200RPM / $119
Sony Internal 16X DVD+/-RW / Double Layer Drive / $58.99
total of : $690 (including shipping) all from newegg.com

So basically what you are saying is, I should just buy the stuff listed above and upgrade my old PC?

I already have RADEAON 9600 256MB so should I just leave it or get the nvidia one?

My current comp looks like this:
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.60 GHz
1.61 GHz
256MB of RAM
ATI Radeon 9600 256MB

Ok, but I just wanna know if I should upgrade my old one. I really wanted to get a totally new computer, but that could be expensive.

Keep you graphics card, drop the dough listed for one on a good case, ventilation, and PSU.

Problem solved.

Rock what kind of mobo do you have currently?

Here's my personal priorities when buying a new computer
1. Motherboard (if there is ONE thing you _NEVER_ skimp on it's this)
2. Ram (if there are two things you NEVER skimp on its this and 1)
3. CPU
4. Video Card
5. Power Supply (over compensate, if you computer needs 200W go with a 300 just to be safe, skimping on this could be disasterous )
6. Harddrive
7. NIC
8. Cooling (whether fan or water)
9. Optical Drives
10. Case

Yea well ofcourse you want to get all the components at once but what I mean in terms of how you want to allocate you funds if you're on a budget.

The comp I have now I got 3 yrs ago, it was built by my brother's friend. I don't know what mobo it has, but I think I'd get a new one anyway. Probably the one that phosho has mentioned above:
Asus K8V deluxe. My current PSU is shitty, so I'm planing to get a better one, http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-182-010&depa=0 - Is this good enough?
My PCU( Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.60 GHz) doesn't seem to be good enough for a game computer, so I'd want to replace it with AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (If you guys know anything that would be even better for a similar price, let me know). My HD is a 40GB (again, no clue what kind of HD it is) so it will definatelly get replaced by Seagate 200GB 7200RPM.
And one thing I'm not really sure of, how important is the CD ROM for a gaming computer?
And also, I can use an advise on what kind of Ram i should get because 256MB won't really get me anywhere.
Appreciate your help, Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom